First Beta of SRB2 Z-Mix is here.

What is your overall opinion of the wad.

• Awesome! I love it! Can't wait to see more!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pretty average. Not a bad job. Needs serious fine tuning.

• Not that great. Needs a lot of work.

• It sucks. No offense.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeshiro

As I explained before: I quit making a separate exe for this project. I instead decided to make it all one wad. This wad only changes the first boss (GFZ3). It's is just a sample of things to come. The final wad won't be done for some time, because it changes the whole story (Intro and all) to fit another story into SRB2's. The final release should contain voices rather than text.

But for now enjoy.

-Special Thanks-
(-EDIT-
Cueball61 goes to the top of the list. I couldn't have made this wad without him. Sorry for leaving you out dude.)
Ree-c - For making some energy sprites and editing the soc.
Prime 2.0 - for making the F_Boss.soc we based this from.
KaosFox - For some good ideas.
ViralZero - For inspiration.
Tekken - for music.
And of course, Myself - For making the character Zeshiro.

Here's the Link:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3w26kg

Have fun! And good luck!

*Questions? Comments?*

-EDIT- Not anything new, just updating the link for a few people.

Its good for a beta its better then showdown 1 because this one has a point.

Cant wait till next release.

and yet again i hate sendspace more >.>

You have reached your daily download limit (1GB).

Please try again tomorrow or upgrade to sendspace Max™ to enable a massive 4GB daily limit with multiple, fast, top priority downloads.

i really want to download this :(

also

you forgot something

Ree-c - For making some energy sprites and editing the soc.
Prime 2.0 - for making the F_Boss.soc we based this from.
KaosFox - For some good ideas.
ViralZero - For inspiration.
Tekken - for music.
Cueball61 - for sending me his boss edit to help me make this
And of course, Myself - For making the character Zeshiro.

Wow I'm impressed. All of you guys pulling something like this and getting the Oscar for it really shows how much the final game will be. I bet this wad is just to taunt us for what the final version will be.

Spazzo said:
BEST. BOSS. EVER.
Seriously, I look forward to this.
You do some amazing stuff, man!

heh. Spazz, if you like the boss, then you might as well be handing that my way; I was the one who made the SOC for it.

Zeshiro, I was wondering if I could have permission to optimize and bugfix your levelpack. Also: next time, please ask me first before using one of my SOCs.

A. Give credit to him for the boss coolness. It's all F_Boss.soc
B. Sorry I'll ask next time.
C. Go ahead and edit whatever you feel like. It's not like I'd tell you you can't. After using your soc and all.

It crashed on me after the fourth hit. And what's more, the screen sometimes stopped when a message was about to appear.

And bear in mind, my computer is no slouch. An AMD Athlon at 3400 KHz, with a Radeon X800 graphics card.

I think it could use some optimization. Though I like the idea of fighting a boss who's basically a fast-moving small character, so props for the idea, definitely.

Ah, Thats why, you rcomputer is crap...

3400Khz

:P

Anyway, your computer power does not effect the crash, something must've been edited in the wad incorrectly...

CGally said:
It crashed on me after the fourth hit. And what's more, the screen sometimes stopped when a message was about to appear.

And bear in mind, my computer is no slouch. An AMD Athlon at 3400 KHz, with a Radeon X800 graphics card.

I think it could use some optimization. Though I like the idea of fighting a boss who's basically a fast-moving small character, so props for the idea, definitely.

ree-c said:
Ah, Thats why, you rcomputer is crap...

3400Khz

:P

Anyway, your computer power does not effect the crash, something must've been edited in the wad incorrectly...

The only error I've found so far is the chat mute in netplay once you beat the level. The only people who have messaged me about the crash weren't using version 1.09.3.4 of SBB2. Two poeple (not including CGally) were not using SRB2 1.09.3.4 got errors. One had "Green Sonics" Popping up randomly. And the other just got a sigsev when he played. So, please make sure you are using 1.09.3.4 before you report bugs in the wad.

OH MY F***ING GOD...!!!!!!!!!!!!

...THAT....
...WAS...
...AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...can I use that thing for the final boss in luxrb2?

...pweese? *puppy dog eyes*

Any boss in any game will always = easy when you figure out a strategy.
And any type of movement that you figure out you can do to dodge and attack is a strategy, so don't argue. :P

Boss = easy when SuperSonic = on. The first time I actually did it without SuperSonic, then the second time around I actually remembered that I HAVE SuperSonic. At least I finally found out what those extra SS sprite were for. I thought SS shot some fire thingy or something.

Of course the boss is easy, all you have to do is hit him to make him stop attacking.. Now if you make him fly up into the air when he's hit, then attack. THEN you've got a harder boss.

Isn't that a move for a final boss though? This is just the first fight with Zeshiro. He gets stronger and faster as you fight him. Eventually the last fight will be Super Sonic Vs. Dark Zeshiro. Hopefully I figure out how to make the friggin' soc do what I want...The turret fire will be pushing Super Sonic back a lot so the last fight is more of a race against time. But that's all in the future. :|

...=O

Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to make enemies and bosses in socs I missed? ...I really want to make one...

/me waits for the next boss...

If you can, have Zechiro use some attack vs super sonic that drains his rings... then if posable, have an infinately-going arena with some rings every so often (like ... ... most super sonic battles in sega or sonic team)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back