FireBattle.soc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sykotic

It's back at last. Some of you might remember my SpinBattle.soc. If you don't keep reading. It was hellashisly filled with problems. This version's not an exception, and I will list them. I've already found a few. For those that don't know about the SpinBattle.soc and the FireBattle.soc, I've given you some information to read through. Hopefully this answers some of your questions.

!Sendspace Mirrors!
Mirror 1
Mirror 2

What is FireBattle.soc? - FireBattle.soc is a remake and tune-up of my old Spinbattle.soc. It was laden with problems. It consistency kicked everyone out of a netgame, which was it's major flaw. Netgaming was the whole idea of it.

Was SpinBattle made with a Purpose? - The idea was for it to be used with my Sykobase.wad in the arena's section of the level. Sykobase.wad featured a total of Nine arena's for battling. I'm remaking Sykobase.wad into Syakoto. It won't be using so many teleports, and it's going to have (at the very least) a total of thirty-six arenas.

What did SpinBattle.soc and the new FireBattle.soc do? - Have you played Sonic Adventure 2 Battle's Two-Player mode? If you played the action mode or the treasure hunt mode, jumping into other players could damage them. If both players collided in air, they sort of bounced off eachother. This is what FireBattle.soc does. Unfortunately, I haven't figured out homing-attack yet. In future versions, I probably will, and I've already gotten myself a theory on how to. I suppose only tme will tell :3

What about Syakoto? Are you going to release that here? - I'm debating. If I do, this Soc will be hardcoded into it so the mods can't say OMGHANGEOUTDEL. And stuff. Besides, the arenas will probably be the most visited place in Syakoto.

That should cover that. Now, here's a list of changes and problems in both versions.

-Problems in the old-
The characters would flash to their 'none' color occasionally.
Consistency failure upon loading it in a netgame.
Couldn't hit monitors.
If both players collided in the air, both would get damaged.

-Changes-
I fixed the consistency failure problem
Now when players collide in air, they simply touch eachother. If one lands first, he gets hit (If still touching the other one)

-Current Problems-
Still Flashing to 'none' D:
Still can't hit monitors. Blast it >_<
You can hit enemies, but you get no points for it.
Enemy-player collision detection is really messed up.
Game crashes when you hit Eggman in JTE. Computer might too.

Alas, the none color issue is simply a flaw in the way the SOC is designed. A_SetObjectFlags resets the color data, meaning flashiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back