Final Release? (supershadow.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it disgraceful that only four people out of this whole topic understand the difference between constructive criticism and flaming, and half the people in this topic are proving it. It's just... ugh.

Super mystic sonic said:
Well, due to the fact there are 2 pages added full of arguments on my posts and that of Cueball and DW after my last post, I just decided to not even take the time to read it. It'll only end up in a bigger war.

Keeping flame wars from starting is one thing, but that's no excuse to not listen to what other people say, period. Honestly, what you've skipped contains some of the most important posts that this topic contains, so I HIGHLY suggest you read over the topic.

DanteEX said:
Really,I can name 5.Shadow,Super Shadow,ChaosBlast Shadow,JShadow and Sa2 Shadow.
As far as I'm concerned, that's four more than we need. How about something new and original, instead of the same character over and over again?

Mystic's big post just won the 'Best post throughout the entire life of the forum' Award.

Shame there isn't actually an award for it...

cueball61 said:
Mystic's big post just won the 'Best post throughout the entire life of the forum' Award.

Mystic always wins that award. Partly because he's one of the few people here that contain the most common sense.

cueball61 said:

Shame there isn't actually an award for it...

If there would be a award for a god-like sounding post everytime, Mystic's house would be made out of buttons and trophies.

Ya know what? I might actually go make a level next time around.

About 3 or 4. Its not the biggest amount ever. I think there was a topic that started a huge flamewar, and alot of people started flaming each other. Mystic, at that moment, was on a vacation. About 11 people got tempbanned in the topic when Mystic came back, and some even permbanned.

Yes. I would like to see a level made by you SMS. That might just make everyone stop using words like unoriginal to describe you.
BTW I do not agree with them.
But why is everyone always overreacting to Mystic's posts? I mean its kinda obvious that he is going to type something more mature than everyone else on this forum. He's like what, 23? And most people here are between 9-17. So I mean its not that big of a deal seeing someone like him make a sensible, mature post.

Wow, these flame wars between "constructive criticism" and "flaming" are really getting out of hand, learn to know the difference people! I really think we should have a sticky to show people the difference between the two so n00bs would stop complaining...

Honestly, the difference between flaming someone and criticizing their work is so common sense it should be considered part of rule 1.

Insulting the person is flaming, insulting their work is not.

DUH.

I'll note that only two people were tempbanned in this topic, I'll Begin for a blatant flame, and The Lone Wolf, for one of the stupidest posts I've seen in months.

Mystic said:
Honestly, I'd like to see SMS move on, beyond crappy recolors and work on something actually worth playing. I'd like to see him make something interesting and fun that the ENTIRE SRB2 community can enjoy.

So are certain SOCs interesting, fun, and enjoyable for the ENTIRE SRB2 community?

Although I've already apologised about my actions on #srb2fun, I'd like to apologise here too.

I have a short temper, but that's no excuse. I can still control myself much better than I did 3 or 4 days ago.

I admit, I don't get along well with DarkWarrior at all. But I've learnt my lesson and I won't go off at DarkWarrior next time he criticises someone's recolour.

And, while I'm here, I've been itching to say this for a little while now:

Mystic said:
DanteEX said:
Really,I can name 5.Shadow,Super Shadow,ChaosBlast Shadow,JShadow and Sa2 Shadow.
As far as I'm concerned, that's four more than we need. How about something new and original, instead of the same character over and over again?
Easy, people keep making more and more Shadow.wads because they are never done right.

Donnyku's original one doesn't look very good (particularly when he runs), and doesn't have a good character select description. Plus, it's slightly overpowered.

SuperShadow doesn't run very well either, and SMS can never get the super sprites right. Also overpowered.

I've never played ChaosBlastShadow, but it sounds majorly overpowered.

SA2Shadow is also very overpowered, and even the "No-Soc" version stuffs up the game slightly. Plus the soc version stuffs up PrettySRB2 minorly. The sound effects are annoyying as well. The running sprites are pretty nice though.

And JShadow looks out of place in SRB2, although it is pretty good, and offers a non-overpowered version, as well as color changing fur.

Now, I would say how Shadow could be fixed, but I'm concerned that it'll be considered as requesting WADs.

on Edge said:
Mystic said:
Honestly, I'd like to see SMS move on, beyond crappy recolors and work on something actually worth playing. I'd like to see him make something interesting and fun that the ENTIRE SRB2 community can enjoy.

So are certain SOCs interesting, fun, and enjoyable for the ENTIRE SRB2 community?

There's a difference between SOCs not being preferred by some of the community, and recolors. SOCs, at least, have some level of creativity and originality involved. Recolors, on the other hand, do not. See the difference now?

Mystic said:
I'll note that only two people were tempbanned in this topic, I'll Begin for a blatant flame, and The Lone Wolf, for one of the stupidest posts I've seen in months.
But wasn't HMS banned too?

I found a glitch! If you are near two enemies, and you rapid thok, you can home in on both of them.

Thats not a glitch, if the other enemy is close enough, it'll hit them both. Like in all the SA games you can pet two chao at the same time. Same thing really.

Super mystic sonic said:
About 3 or 4. Its not the biggest amount ever. I think there was a topic that started a huge flamewar, and alot of people started flaming each other. Mystic, at that moment, was on a vacation. About 11 people got tempbanned in the topic when Mystic came back, and some even permbanned.

11 people!? Whatthebloodypoofie?! Can someone write a list? *shot*

Also, I'm really amazed that this topic isn't locked...

EDIT: oh wait, other topic... :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back