• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Final Lap Formula - Mario Kart-like music system for Race/Competition [W.I.P]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloneFighter

Mediocre Lua scripter
Yes, you read the title right. And yes, Crewmate is STILL on hold.
Please keep in mind that this is still work in progress. The attached file is just a demo. Feel free to give feedback!
Basically what the Lua does is it notifies about entering the final lap/passing the last Star Post in the level if the current gametype is Race or Competition.
attachment.php

Also plays a sound effect (taken from MK64) and changes current music to the intermission music if you pass the finish line.
attachment.php

The notification even goes in chat, so others know when you enter the final lap.

Currently I have only finished it for Circuit, so if you want to experience it, download any circuit map (Circuit Redux map pack (footage of which is in the gifs) recommended).
Credits to Nintendo for creating the Mario Kart franchise (which this addon is based on), especially MK64 (see above for the reason).

Attachments

• srb20046.gif
    3.3 MB · Views: 496
  • srb20047.gif
    3.1 MB · Views: 565
  • L_FinalLapFormula-vCircuitOnlyDemo.pk3
    197.3 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
  1. Q - what the heck you're literally avoiding releases | A - I am not, this is still work in progress. What I attached right now is just a demo for what's to come, once I find out hwo to track how many total Star Posts are there in a level and which Star Post the player is currently on.
  2. Q - How did you get across the idea? | A - Recently I got the Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit Luigi set, bringing me back to the Mario Kart franchise. And that made me miss how the final lap announcements were back in the Mario Kart days whenever I played on JJK's (or Zolton's? idk) circuit server. That's when I came across the idea.
  3. Q - Is the script gonna be available for any other game types? | A - No, I am only planning to support Race and/or Competition.
  4. Q - Will the script be reusable? | A - Yes! And I, in fact, ENCOURAGE you to change it to your own liking.
  5. Q - Any release date planned? | A - Not yet, but it may be after a day or so after I implement Star Post tracking.

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

actually, lol I'm about to release it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back