• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Final Demo!.. Remastered..?

HPR

HPR
Hey all, this mod might ring a bell for those of you in the community 3 years ago. I attempted to get the original thread unlocked (Seen here), but It's not that big of a deal.|

So, some of ya'll may be asking. "What exactly is this mod?" I can't answer clearly, as I've only started just picking this thing back up after 3 years. My original goal was intended to practically port the original 1.09.4 with alterations sporadically, however I've decided to edit it abit.) I intend to use the work I've done so far, and fully port over as much as I can into 2.2. Think of this like a 1.09.5, but with slopes.

What's been done so far?
So far, the main campaign, all (yes, every single one) multiplayer stages, though I am unsure if they are functioning, and the start of unlockables with all emblems (but cez2) placed down in the map.
In my original pitch, I "remade" CEZ2 because I didn't like the map originally. The remake sucked, so the original map is restored with minor alterations made like the rest of the maps.

When will this be finished, are you sure you can actually complete this mod?
Considering I'm older, much more busy, I'm not totally sure. Especially since I have ZERO experience with any sort of scripting, and I really don't want to rely on reusables that much. Most of the work already in the mod were Ports from SRB2 The Past 2.1 & The badnik zoo. (Both were made by the talented Glaber obviously.)
Currently, my main goal is to relearn Mapping using the conveniently timed UDFM Zone Builder release, and work up from there. As for when it'll be finished, I can't say. But I have an upcoming break which I intend to use partially to churn out stuff. But it will probably take some months of on and off work.

How can I help?
First off, if any of you insane people actually want to help, I would be EXTREMLEY appreciated. All I really need is scripters, some areas which it would be helpful would be,
(REDXVI Detections w/ Red Volcano) (I have no clue where to start how to detect the amount of times you've beaten the game)
(Hyper Sonic w/ the black emerald)
(Misc. needs that will pop up if needed.)

Thats basically it, I wouldn't expect much in the near future, but expect periodic updates.

Attachments

• srb20004.png
    srb20004.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 93
  • srb20002.png
    srb20002.png
    1 MB · Views: 66
  • srb20000.png
    srb20000.png
    628.4 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
good luck on remaking final demo dude 👍
Post automatically merged:

I technicly can help you with that. but I dont have time. instead why not use the hyper sonic in the MRCE HERE. there is a black emerald and a hyper sonic you can use. and the MRCE is entirely reuseable

(Hyper Sonic w/ the black emerald)

the MRCE is entirely reuseable
if you did use the MRCE. always remember to have a link saying that you used files form the MRCE when releasing the mod. otherwise you may get in trouble. but always remeber to credit them and you should be fine

(REDXVI Detections w/ Red Volcano) (I have no clue where to start how to detect the amount of times you've beaten the game)
first of all. you use an emblem that you get after beating the game as a trigger to make him apper. as well as another one to check for the emeralds. tho you can just use the one in SRB2 the past. its a port of the old map. and works the same way. and again. SRB2 the past is reusable

First off, if any of you insane people actually want to help, I would be EXTREMLEY appreciated.
I mean.. I could try to help you with some of the basics at this point. as long as you use binary ( Zone Builder ) and not UDMF ( Ultimate Zone Builder )

here is my discord ID if you want to talk to me

I'd be happy to help

Last edited:
Oh my god, I completely missed the edit responses.... I have decided to mess around with UDMF, but I still can go to regular zone builder if needed. I'd also be happy to collaborate on this! I'll shoot you a dm asap!
I'd prefer not to use SRB2 the past materials, not because I can't but mostly because I don't want this to be a mishmash of reusable content masquerading as its own. Besides, most of the material was ported from The past 2.1 back when I was working on this in 2021, but if push comes to shove, I am not against using it.

Oh my god, I completely missed the edit responses.... I have decided to mess around with UDMF, but I'd be happy to collaborate on this! I'll shoot you a dm asap!
ok then, just note that whatever Map I goin to remake its goin to be made in ZB. due to a technical limit I cant Use UZB but I can use ZB.

ok then, just note that whatever Map I goin to remake its goin to be made in ZB. due to a technical limit I cant Use UZB but I can use ZB.
The mapping is mostly complete, as it stands. I already ported everything (except RVZ 1) when I was working on this 3 years ago, but you seem way more knowledgeable on SRB2 modding than I am, though!
I’m still scrummaging through the Mod to note everything down, that I need to do, what was already done, and what was in progress. The only noticeable work I’ve done is touch up CEZ 2, which replaced my old crappy remake.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back