File size limit for executable scripts changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diskette Projector

Floppy Disk Horse
WARNING! Long question with (possibly) short answer, and tl;dr-ness...

In the days of 1.09.4, the maximum allowed filesize for executing scripts using the exec insertfilenamehere.txt was 4KB. Now while having fun with SRB2 Cineblast's bot system, i made a script which auto-loads bots with names and such, i had 21 of them, plus team versions, and long "shortcut" commands. This was about 7-8KB (i didn't noticed it then), i run it, it loaded the script without any hesitation... After few days, when i wanted to tweak the script when i noticed that the script was over 4KB (not mod issue, since the bot loader exec command was in the autoexec.cfg, so it loaded the script in the official EXE too), i assumed the filesize limit for executing scripts was completely removed, so i merged my Server commands script into one, which was almost 4 times 4KB, which ended up being 13KB. Loaded up the script, returning with the "classic" Command buffer full! error message.

Now if you did or didn't read the Wall of text, then i ask the REAL question:

What is the filesize limit for executing a script, now? (Again, lazy to check it...)

Last edited:
Shouldn't SRB2 incrementally flush the command buffer if the script is too big?

No, I mean STJr should code the script loader in such a way that it can handle big scripts by incrementally flushing the buffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back