Fictional characters you'd never want to exist in real life.

My number one pick would be the Gravemind and the Flood from Halo. The mere notion of being infected to be assimilated against your will for its need to infect and spread, and being mind raped to the point of induced dementia until you're put out of your misery all because you're too smart is absolutely horrifying.
I can't help but also think of the Borg from Star Trek: The Next Generation reading this. In a way they're slightly more terrifying in the fact it's implied you're fully conscious as you're controlled, and even if you're saved in some form you're stuck with parts so integrated, they'll never be able to be removed. I love a lot of sci-fi for how positive it can be, but there's gonna be at least something us humans can't deal with on our own. But that's the silver lining, not everything in the universe will be out to get us!

And on another note, if people started developing mutations, psychic powers and the like à la X-Men or Azure Striker Gunvolt, there's a lot that can go horridly wrong. Both series really explore that darker side those people could develop, being "above" humanity in a way. While X-Men is more modern day and things haven't hit the fan yet, in Gunvolt it's implied entire countries have been wiped out thanks to Adepts, and even the regular humans are extremely cruel to the Adept population making it even worse. Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX even shows the furthest extent of this, with humanity being dubbed "minors" that are hunted down on sight by Adepts. And on a similar note, I wouldn't want any kind of mind-control from fiction ever becoming real... going back to Gunvolt, one key plot is that some of the villains wish to mind-control the population either to "bring peace" or in iX's case, remove all empathy for human kind. It's freaky stuff.

And on another note, if people started developing mutations, psychic powers and the like à la X-Men or Azure Striker Gunvolt, there's a lot that can go horridly wrong. Both series really explore that darker side those people could develop, being "above" humanity in a way.
Inti-Creates, the developers of Gunvolt also developed Mega Man ZX and ZX Advent in which a similar phenomena occurs. Aside from the protagonists, those who become "Mega Men" view themselves as inherently superior to humans and casually trample humanity underfoot whilst battling each other in competition to find out who is most worthy to rule over or destroy humanity, even if without humanities consent. Gunvolt acts as not only a spiritual successor to the theme, but also shows a worst case scenario of how this naturally plays out in the form of Luminous Avenger iX in which regular people become a severe repressed minority that are hunted down for no reason other than just being "inferior".

I can't help but also think of the Borg from Star Trek: The Next Generation reading this. In a way they're slightly more terrifying in the fact it's implied you're fully conscious as you're controlled, and even if you're saved in some form you're stuck with parts so integrated, they'll never be able to be removed. I love a lot of sci-fi for how positive it can be, but there's gonna be at least something us humans can't deal with on our own. But that's the silver lining, not everything in the universe will be out to get us!

And on another note, if people started developing mutations, psychic powers and the like à la X-Men or Azure Striker Gunvolt, there's a lot that can go horridly wrong. Both series really explore that darker side those people could develop, being "above" humanity in a way. While X-Men is more modern day and things haven't hit the fan yet, in Gunvolt it's implied entire countries have been wiped out thanks to Adepts, and even the regular humans are extremely cruel to the Adept population making it even worse. Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX even shows the furthest extent of this, with humanity being dubbed "minors" that are hunted down on sight by Adepts. And on a similar note, I wouldn't want any kind of mind-control from fiction ever becoming real... going back to Gunvolt, one key plot is that some of the villains wish to mind-control the population either to "bring peace" or in iX's case, remove all empathy for human kind. It's freaky stuff.
I'd say that X-Men are the one being persecuted and oppressed by the "normal" humans in the franchise.

I loved First Contact and In a Mirror Darkly.

When you think more about it, humans in series such as Warhammer 40,000 are frightening because we already exist and we could end up like that.

What do you mean? Superman in real life would be cool.

Unless you're talking about the ones in Watchmen or in Invincible.
Well, you know all the destruction that could happen if they would exist in real life?

Tangle and Whisper are still better than most characters in Forces heh.
Lol
yeah I agree because Ian Flynn and Evan Stanley are doing a great job by their amazing writing !
but sonic forces writers was ..... Trash
(I think they didn't read the script of SA and SA2 for Tails lol)
and in my opinion the game must rewritten again

Lol
yeah I agree because Ian Flynn and Evan Stanley are doing a great job by their amazing writing !
but sonic forces writers was ..... Trash
(I think they didn't read the script of SA and SA2 for Tails lol)
and in my opinion the game must rewritten again
It's too late.

Anyway story in a Sonic game shouldn't matter and they should not try making it serious, it's just a game about a fast blue rodent using colored magical stones to chase a fat and bald scientist...

Omni-Man from Invincible is basically Superman if he came from Space Nazi Germany, so he seems like a pretty good contender for characters I really wouldn't want to exist IRL

I would definitely say someone like Mimic form Sonic IDW, being super distrustful person myself I would be avoiding anyone I know, because I wouldn't know if the person is real or fake.

For other fictional characters - SCPs. I know there are many harmless ones, but there is much more objects that can destroy the Universe in a blink of an eye, so no-no.

What are some fictional characters you are glad are just fiction? Most villains are rather low hanging fruit, but I'd probably say Superman.

There's a certain cosmic horror to him that makes him quite intimidating. As hard as he tries to remain pure, it's entirely possible for him to snap. If and when he does, there's little to no hope of anyone being able to do anything about it. Especially in the absence of someone like Batman who knows how to properly exploit his weaknesses. There's a few other characters in recent media that explore this sort of idea, but Superman himself is the original.
kirby

bro, you are all wrong ( not in a mean way ) obviously we would NOT want sonic.exe in real life like bruh....
id rather not be killed by some sonic with blood coming out of his eyes like FUCK id rather not even want to deal with that kefla laugh shit bro

also, superheroes

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back