Favourite Sonic Riders (Zero Gravity) EX Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gen

So Here you can talk about your Favourite Sonic Riders\Zero Gravity Ex Gear.
You May Say your most disliked gear too.

Mines is Kunochi.

Oh man, it's been so long since I played SRZG.

What a great game it was; like its predecessor actually, but 5 times better.

I'm not a big fan of changing my ex gear. I usually just stick with the basic ones. But if I'm correct, Sonic's basic EX gear is the Blue Star, unless that was just Sonic Riders. Anyways that is my favorite EX gear.

Last edited:
WOW it's been a long time since i've played that! I almost always got 1st place with Shinobi.

EDIT: I also like that one that switches between types. (It's called Rainbow 'something')

Last edited:
Yeah, I mean, my opinion is different from yours but if you think that wheel custom is epic tell us why do you think that.

I always use Wheel Custom so I think it's awesome and epic.
How epic you ask? Well I'm gonna need caps and bold to show but I won't so, I'll just say...epic as heck.

Sonic Riders ZG WOW I haven't thought of that in years (because my little brothers broke it >:( ), but I think my fav was The Angel/Devil

Angel/Devil is another one of my favorites! The one that gets faster the more rings you have is my LEAST FAVORITE.

Anyway, just so I don't annoy anyone anymore by posting many posts of my favorites in here, here's my full list of favorite gears, by type of gear:

Boards
:
1) The Crazy: The Crazy, simply said, is like Super Sonic in this game, except it doesn't deplete rings each second, unlike in Sonic Riders. This special Gear uses up your rings each time you do Gravity Control and Gravity Dive. However, not only this one has a Magnetic Shield Gear Part, like Super Sonic, and a +25 Ring Cap Gear Part, but it's one of the handful of Gears with maximum Accel. Stat and the rest decent, making it overall the best Board in the game. Sadly, like Super Sonic, it's not recommended using this Gear against the boss of this game.

2) Untouchable: The fastest gear in the game. If used correctly, one can over-dominate (emphasis on "over") the competition.

3) Rainbow/Omnitempus: Let's be honest here: Why would you need unlimited Gear Change when you know which course has the best type shortcuts and only need to change your gear to one type only once. Still, Rainbow is here because it's an upgrade to Omnitempus- not that you'd need it.

Skates:
1) Advantage-S: This gear is what I consider to be the second fastest gear in the game. It's also cheaper than Untouchable, and every character can use it without being heavily handicapped, making it the best Skate in the game.

2) Rail Linker: Now you'll be asking me: Why this Gear? Well, the Accel. and Max Speed Stats are good, but if you saw this Gear better, you would've noticed that there are 1 Starting Speed UP and 1 Max Speed UP Gear Parts. And that's what I like about the Gear; it's the only Gear with great Speed Stats, combined with the Gear Parts. Besides, it's nice you can go on rails without having to worry about rail linking. Problem though, the Turning Stats sucks big time- but there's always Gravity Control for that, right?

3)Wanted: Here's one of the 2 rules of thumb I'll give you in this list: you can never have too many rings in this game. And this Skate is exactly your solution to this problem. Just don't get hit by any attacks by using alternate routes, rail grinding and gravity dive, and you should get a great bunch of oh-so-necessary rings.

Air Riders:
1) Advantage-F: Despite what most people would think when using this Gear, this one is NOT recommended for characters with high Accel., as the letdown of every other stat will severely hurt your character. This is however an amazing Gear for characters with High Max Speed as it will make your character overall balanced between Accel. and Max Speed. Storm players love it, and so do I- which is why I think it's the best Air Rider.

2) Cover-F: Now this Air Rider is recommended for characters with High Accel. as it will also make them balanced between Accel. and Max Speed.
In a way, this could be also the Best Air Rider, but since Advantage-F is better for more people than Cover-F, this Gear will just have to take 2nd.

3) Kunoichi: Not much to say about this one. Stats are slightly less better than Cover-F, but has the ability to automatically run on walls.

Bikes
:
1)Reserve Tank: you would expect that a lack of gaining GP would severely hurt a Gear, but yet not at all; this Gear's Stats are similar to Angel X Devil's, so this means an excellent Accel. Stat and decent everything else, which allows you to retake some speed once you braked at a sharp turn to, well, turn, but without using Gravity control.
Look mate. All you need to know is that with this Gear, you'll only need to use Gravity Control in those 180° sharp turns or in the Wall Shortcuts, so use the GP and the GP Tank Parts mainly for Gravity Dive, but only when you need it- no point in wasting precious GP when you're already in the lead. I'll be honest, if it wasn't for the stats, this Gear would've come 2nd after Cover-P. Speaking of which,

2) Cover-P: Here's my second rule of thumb for you people: Endurance is only good in Off-Road, which is very rare, or when you bump a lot of walls because you don't like using Gravity Control to make a sharp turn. And that's why Cover-P is much better than Advantage-P in every way because it's not worth Max Endurance for every other stat when there's barely anything to "endure" in this game.

3) Hang-On: Hang-On by itself is alright, but this Gear's charm lies in changing the music to one of the Hang-On Bikes' music. And that I like.

Yachts:
1) Magic Broom: Yachts are one of these Gears that have the worst Max Speed Stats, but that are offset by the ability to gather the wind that are left by players who are in front of you and use it to speed up and speed up and speed up until you eventually reach the opponent and go over him. Why is Magic Broom what I consider to be the best Yacht? Because its maximum Accel. Stat allows you to reach opponents in front of you faster. Only because of that. Also Trick Gear Parts are alrighty; not exactly the best tricks against computers but it's fine by me.

2) Bingo Star: A decent Yacht; the only one with a decent Max Speed Stat. The Trick? Do 3 tricks of the same rank in a row and get tons of rings. On the plus side, its Gear Parts allow you to store up to 50 more rings than normal, and just like I said with Wanted: you can never have too many rings in this game.

3) Wind Catcher: This Gear, despite having a lower Max Speed Stat than Bingo Star, is a straight upgrade to your regular Yacht: you see, you not only get speed as you go behind an opponent, you also get GP with this Gear. The Gear Parts, in order to help out with this, add up an additional 75 GP to your GP Gauge.

Wheels
:
1) Wheel Custom: Believe it or not, the cheapest Wheel in the game is the best. Its Stats are nothing like other Wheels you get to see in the game, and 2 of the 3 Gear Parts boosts those stats even further.

2) Money Crisis: Do not let those stats fool you. This Gear can be almost as great as the Wheel Custom; all you need to do is grab rings in order to go faster and faster, and for someone who can grab rings- like me- it's gonna be a very good Wheel, though not as good as Wheel Custom.

3) Big Bang: Here's a strategy for you people who can't figure out how to use this Wheel: Get your GP Gauge full, then you'll automatically go in Attack Mode. Then you can either use the Springs and other Shortcuts only usable during Attack Mode, either run through the course as a Wall of Death for whoever stands in your way. Fun and hilariousness is bound to happen with this Gear.

Last edited:
3) Hang-On: Hang-On by itself is alright, but this Gear's charm lies in changing the music to one of the Hang-On Bikes' music. And that I like.
Isn't there a Super Hang-On? No?

I remember using Angel X Devil with the Angel transformation. I mainly stuck with flying gear (Chinese Level Shortcut?) but the Advantage-S was also another favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back