favorite mario game?

neonhedgehog

you best believe boi!
i know that most of you here a clearly sonic fan's but every one once in their live once played a mario game if its a main line mario game
or even a spin-off well my favorite mario game to this game is still super mario land 2: six golden coins
tell me down below what is your favorite mario game down below!

Honestly it hasn't been social taboo to like both series for decades now. Even back during the console wars, there were plenty of people who played both even if they wouldn't have admitted it.

As for me, I'd say probably Super Mario World.

Maybe Sunshine (for the ambiance), the first Land and World, I haven't played that many Mario games when I think about it but I plan to do SMB3, it looks fun.

Funny thing is that while I appreciate Mario 64 (especially the remake) it's not my favorite game in the series.

I don't play many Mario games, the only ones I have played are the original super mario bros, the mario 64 from ds and the super mario bros 3, but if I had to choose one it would be the 64 from ds

Funny thing is that while I appreciate Mario 64 (especially the remake) it's not my favorite game in the series.
I think a lot of people share this sentiment considering that it was the first 3D game and later ones improved it

I think a lot of people share this sentiment considering that it was the first 3D game and later ones improved it
Is that so? When I'm seeing top 5-10 Mario games 64 often comes in the top 3 with SMB3 and World.

I even see many telling how revolutionizing this game was for 3D gaming as a whole and I do agree that it's a gaming masterpiece (especially with the speedrunning community and the technical aspects of it).

As for Sunshine it's a mixed review because while it's one of the most unique Mario game out there it's also very flawed (and somewhat glitchy) and I wish Nintendo would remaster it instead of putting it in a collection.

Is that so? When I'm seeing top 5-10 Mario games 64 often comes in the top 3 with SMB3 and World.

I even see many telling how revolutionizing this game was for 3D gaming as a whole and I do agree that it's a gaming masterpiece (especially with the speedrunning community and the technical aspects of it).

As for Sunshine it's a mixed review because while it's one of the most unique Mario game out there it's also very flawed (and somewhat glitchy) and I wish Nintendo would remaster it instead of putting it in a collection.
The reason people put it so high up on their tier lists is because of pure nostalgia. If you watch Mario experts like Kosmic do their tierlist they’ll give you really good reasoning as to why it’s not S-Tier. It is a really good game and it did wonders for the gaming industry like the original Super Mario Bros. on NES. However, also like SMB, it’s far from the best of the series. 64 really was just the jumping (pun intended) point for 3D platformers and many games have outperformed it, including the other 3D Mario’s and other N64 classics like Banjo-Kazooie.

Long story short, people hold it to such high regard because of what it did rather than how much they actually enjoy playing it. Same holds true for the original SMB

Dunno if this counts since much less of a "platformer". But
Paper Mario for the Nintendo 64
absolutely amazing RPG
perfect even

Attachments

• 1620592953986.png
    1620592953986.png
    7.8 MB · Views: 88
my favorite mario game will forever be super mario rpg. its just so charming, fun, and challenging.

I also have fond memories of New Super Mario Bros DS and I really wish I could get my hand on the beta from E3 2005 because it intrigued me since.

Super Mario Galaxy. The inclusion of luigi thanking himself for saving him was kinda funny. also just the adventure and style of the game. (I played galaxy on Super Mario 3D All Stars tho, so it might be different for some people.)
Post automatically merged:

It’s a tie between Luigi’s Mansion 3 and the Mario & Luigi Series as a whole
Luigi's mansion 3 takes my side. Gooigi was a real cool thing to have

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back