Favorite game music?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikawil

Everyone must have one.

Anyways, I think the Mega Man, Sonic and DKC series has the best music overall.

Kanon, Sonic R, Sonic CD (JPN version), NiGHTS into Dreams, Sonic 3D (Saturn version), Sonic Adventure, Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World 2, Super Mario 64, and Banjo-Kazooie.

Meh.

Battletoads, Ristar, Roll Away, Spyro the Dragon, possibly some of Contra 4. Probably forgetting something here but all those had stellar music.

Anyone knows that Final Fantasy has the best soundtrack. I mean, they pulled off good music with just little beeps from the NES :eek:

Off the top of my head, in no specific order, these are all my favorite game soundtracks...

- Donkey Kong Country 2 - Dave Wise really knew how to work that sound chip on the SNES, even better than Nobuo Uematsu could. Before I discovered the wonders of SPC, I would go to the bramble levels to just stand there and listen to the music.
- Final Fantasy 7 - Hell, I can sing along to One Winged Angel. Ultimate geekery at work here.
- Earthbound (or as the Japanese like to call it, Mother 2) - The ending music brought a tear to my eye, and the battle tunes were awesome.
- GTA Vice City - It's still a soundtrack even if the music wasn't originally composed for VC. Nyo. Great oldies ahoy!
- Sonic Advance 3 - Specifically Cyber Track, Chaos Angel, and the final final boss music.
- Sonic CD, Japan and US - New music for the US release just means more music for us, and both soundtracks are equal in awesomeness.

A few select favorite tunes of mine...

- Stickerbrush Symphony - That tune that plays in the bramble levels of DKC2. Easily first place on my list of kickass video game music.
- Rusty Ruin act 2 - In Sonic 3D Saturn/PC version.
- Stardust Speedway Bad Future - From the Sonic CD US soundtrack.

Guilty Gear XX #Reload! It has the best music that has ever been in a game. After GG, I like music from the FF series. Final Fantasy games are always good with their BGM.

Hell, I'll just add that to my list for being the catchiest VG music (at least in a arcade game) ever:

Inside the Children's Book (Bubble Symphony's main theme)

Ooh, Sonic Adventure 1,Final Fantasy(5,6,and 8 the only ones I've Played through besides X-2), Phantasy Star 2(Genisis),Metal Gear Solid 1,and of course my theme song....which I haven't quite figured out yet. :( but hey, the others were good. :mrgreen: Oh I forgot some. Banjo Kazooie, Donkey Kong(64), and....Super Smash Brothers: MELEE!!!!! Mostly the stupid bacon bleeps form Mr. Gameandwatch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back