Favorite classic sonic game

This is a hard one! I've never played Sonic 3 and Knuckles but I think I'd like it. Sonic Mania is probably my favorite classic Sonic game but my favorite classic classic Sonic game would be Sonic 2.

Sonic 3 & Knuckles > Sonic Mania > Sonic 2 > Sonic CD > Sonic 1 for me, if we only count the strictly Genesis/Mega Drive style games and not more "modern" entries such as Advance despite falling under generally the same gameplay umbrella.

Ranking:
1. Sonic Robo Blast 2. Its A Genuine Masterpeice, Extended By The Modding Community.
2. Sonic Mania (Plus) A Great Revisiting To The Classics.
3. Sonic 3 (Complete). The Sheer Amount Of Editable Stuff Allows For The Best Playthrough That Suits Your Likes.
4. Sonic 3 (A.I.R). The Widescreen And Unlockables Are Great (Also Somehow I Clipped Through The Wall In MGZ Act 1 And Beat The Act 2 Boss (Sadly Couldn't Hit The Capsule So I Had To Retry).
5: Sonic 2 (2013). Controls Are The Only Bad Thing About This.
6: Sonic 3. Was Really Lucky To Have This Before It Was Unlisted.
7: Sonic 1 (2013). This Is Only Higher Than The Original Because Of Widescreen.
8: Sonic 1. The Tighter Controls Lead Me To Beat The Labyrinth Boss And The Rest Of The Game.
9: Sonic CD (2011). I Feel Me Being Bad At The Game Contributed To The Blandness Of It (Also I Never Beat It).
10: Sonic Generations (3DS). The Small Screen And The The Slippery Controls Are Not The Best, And It Also Deleted My Progress About Halfway Through, Maybe I Would Like The Game Slightly More If My 3DS Screen Was Fixed.

if fangames/edits to original games count then it would be
1. SRB2 (no duh)
2. Sonic 3 A.I.R
3. Sonic 2 Absolute

but if they wouldn't count then it would be
1. Sonic Mania
2. Sonic The Hedgehog 2
3. Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles
(the only reason I love Sonic 2 more was because I played it before Sonic 3 thus getting more nostalgia from it then Sonic 3.)

As for me,fangames category goes as this:

1.Sonic Robo Blast 2;this is a genuine masterpiece + with a big success in modding community(except for Gamebanana mods,they are the worst ones)

2.Sonic Boll;a fangame like this is just incredible.I dont have much to say for this one.

3. Sonic Time Twister;this game is like Sonic CD,but with way more awesome features.Too bad this one is the only in my fangame category that doesnt have modding community,it would be great:devastation:

Time for offical games category:

1.Sonic CD;this one is just a great game,i always beated it in multiple ways and multiple times,its just great.

2.(this one is for sharing)
Sonic Mania(Plus) and Sonic Origins;these two are litreally at same rank,mainly bc of the effort(now yes,Origins was quite critiscied for some of the content,but still its a excellent experience of all 4 classic Sonic titles)

3. Sonic 1; a game that started it all.Well some of the levels are bad as hell(im talking to you Labyrinth Zone),its overall a nice experience.

Thats all,folks!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back