• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Fang The Sniper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scizor300

a man denied his homeland
fanga1.png

Please, thank god this isn't it.

Welp, after a while of not really doing anything SRB2 related, I've decided to have another go at Fang the Wolf (Or Nack the Weasle for some of you).​

I've taken a previous sprite that was floating around and went ahead and transformed it into an all-new Fang sprite.​

fanga1.png

You see, dreams do come true!

Now, I've also gone over the sprite, comparing it to source material, and here's a small list of things I could do to make it more faithful to Fang's usual appearance.​

- Ears need to be slimmer
- Fang could put on a few more pounds
- Shading (?)
- Actually finishing some more goddamn angles/framed for this guy.
- Head could also be a tiny bit smaller
- EDIT: I just also noticed how small those arms are. Or it's just the head.
- EDIT2: Also forgot the tail ;_;​

But yes, is there any suggestions.​

The only reason I'm making this is because I actually want to finish it. This thread is here to keep me reminded to do so :P

Last edited:
...He's NOT a wolf. The full "Fang" name is "Fang the Sniper". In some places, he's Nack the Weasel, so that's what he is. Not a wolf in the least.

As for how he looks, I dislike the way he's shaded. He doesn't look like anything in SRB2, and he lack any definable outline (again, unlike anything in SRB2). He also looks too much like Tails to me. I still personally prefer MonsterIestyn's Fang/Nack.

Last edited:
Legs are WAAAYYY thin in the second screenshot (Monster Iestyn's), how don't they break when he runs? =P
EDIT: That's just my opinion, never seen "real" pictures or anything of this character (If it IS a real one and not a fan one, from what I understood). So I guess I can't give any opinion... Maybe the legs are thin.

Working from a few features from Monster Iestyn's sprite (Mainly the head), this came out.

fanga1.png

Though, the mouth needs a bit of improvement.

Double Post, Minor Update

Welp, here's the current front sprite, along with the horrendous A2A8 sprite.

fangspritesheet.png

Angles aren't particularly my strongest points ;_;

Those shoes don't look quite right - make them more like the shoes in the official artwork Chaos Knux posted earlier.

...Besides, is Fang/Nack supposed to have red eyes?

Those shoes don't look quite right - make them more like the shoes in the official artwork Chaos Knux posted earlier.

...Besides, is Fang/Nack supposed to have red eyes?

I recalled seeing Fang with red eyes in some officialy artwork a while back, I guess I didn't. Oh well, no harm done.

As for the shoes, I can get right on that, as well as revamping the angle sprites a bit. Though, I still haven't gotten any more angles done ;_;

Well, I've made a few changes to Fang, along with finishing the second angle.

fangspritesheet.png

- Eye color changed
- Boots altered to look more like source material
- Nose enlarged to look more like source material (Looks a bit akward on the front angle, though.)

- A1 might need the loss of that nose, or A2's could be downsized.
- A2's head seems a bit weird, but I can't tell why.
- A2's tail needs alot of work

Note: When I say "A1" and "A2", it means the left and right sprite (respectively)
Anyways, suggestions for the sprites?

Last edited:
Not very many replies anymore :x

The first rotation of Fang is done!

fangspritesheet.png

Here's a rotating GIF to complement the picture.

fangrotation.gif

The two main problems I've found are the tail and the mouth being on both sides of the mouth when rotated. I'll probably end up making 8 full sprites of Fang so the mouth doesn't show on all angles.

Anyways, comments are appreciated as always.

fangrotation.gif
Touched up the gif so rotation is much smoother. If you save each frame A1-5 it should rotate the entire thing in the wad like it does in the gif. Also slightly changed the nose shape in A1.

fangrotation.gif
Touched up the gif so rotation is much smoother. If you save each frame A1-5 it should rotate the entire thing in the wad like it does in the gif. Also slightly changed the nose shape in A1.

Anyways, applied the changed nose to my sprite. Thanks.

Anyways, what do you think Fang should do for his boredom frames? I may just go to the default animation that Sonic uses.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back