• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Faker.EXE in SRB2! (Work In Progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eldritch64

WAS THAT THE BITE OF 87?
Faker.EXE which is in the FNF mod for Sonic.EXE comes to SRB2, with some fake abilities (that transition sucked)

As of now he only has one ability, The Homing Thok, very self explanatory but for those who don't know what it is, here is what it is

The Homing Thok can be used by attacking far away enemies (only if there is a arrow on top of the enemy)

Double Jump to activate this ability

Soon I might add more news to it and more abilities, I am still new to the Slade editor

Other plans:

Gingerbrave Mod
MCKnuckles Mod

Attachments

• srb20002.gif
    srb20002.gif
    4.2 MB · Views: 2,613
nice ideas, but i think you should leave some hints to that the sonic is fake and maybe a sort of interaction with a sonic player (if its multiplayer) which references the cutscene before the first shadow / sonic boss in SA2.
((you dont have to if you dont wanna, its just some thoughts in my mind.))

No offense, as I understand you're new (which is valid), but that's just the vanilla game's included homing attack on regular Sonic. How far do you plan to go? Are you going to make the ~200 sprites needed for a character addon?

There are some great resources on the Wiki if you need help.

also can i test out some early builds of this addon? i hope you dont mind but i would love to test something!

Unimpressed so far,I know you're new to modding but a little orginality goes a long way

Not really digging it, not that I do modding myself, but I've seen enough to know that this is some starter work, maybe try an ability of your own idea? And maybe then I'll start getting into it.

Not really digging it, not that I do modding myself, but I've seen enough to know that this is some starter work, maybe try an ability of your own idea? And maybe then I'll start getting into it.
I like your critical comment, you didn't get so pissed off about anything so I will take any suggestions you have, if you got nothing then that's completely fine!
Post automatically merged:

also can i test out some early builds of this addon? i hope you dont mind but i would love to test something!
I dunno, it's not finished yet since there is no option to select faker in the character selection, and is overall just a sonic with the homing thok

No offense, as I understand you're new (which is valid), but that's just the vanilla game's included homing attack on regular Sonic. How far do you plan to go? Are you going to make the ~200 sprites needed for a character addon?

There are some great resources on the Wiki if you need help.
I will possibly go a bit farther just to see how I do, if you read to the very end I have some other mods I plan to make, that way I can improve and all that stuff
Also yes I will take a look at the wiki

I like your critical comment, you didn't get so pissed off about anything so I will take any suggestions you have, if you got nothing then that's completely fine!

I dunno, it's not finished yet since there is no option to select faker in the character selection, and is overall just a sonic with the homing thok

I will possibly go a bit farther just to see how I do, if you read to the very end I have some other mods I plan to make, that way I can improve and all that stuff
Also yes I will take a look at the wiki
Excellent, and I apologize for how the others treated you, you're still trying your best and that's great for a first time modder. If you want we could discuss this on Discord and settle sprite work out, I could work on them for you! Here's my @ DrC00KIEZ#4015

here is some suggestion to make him feel more fake.

make his eyes slits
make his gloves gray
remove his smile make him mouthless
make his arms blue
remove the white stripe from his shoes and darken them at the heel
then when you get enough kills the screen with glitch and the drowning theme will play then sonic will become a monster and that should be it

Attachments

• gp1ewl6adb381.jpg
    gp1ewl6adb381.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 1,177
  • REXEIdle.gif
    REXEIdle.gif
    2.1 MB · Views: 286
Last edited:
do something with fire, as he is actually a character one of the vs sonic exe creators made up, and has a mini sprite animation of him burning tail's skin off

do something with fire, as he is actually a character one of the vs sonic exe creators made up, and has a mini sprite animation of him burning tail's skin off

Last edited:

Yeah that's cool and all but

(Why he didn't say that here instead of making another thread in SRB2 Discussion is beyond me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back