Extracting WADs (or assets in general) of base game maps?

As the title.
Looking to use the game assets for a mod for another kart racer, but I don't know how to get at the game's map files.
 
As the title.
Looking to use the game assets for a mod for another kart racer, but I don't know how to get at the game's map files.
Per the rules and asset permissions, you need permission from Kart Krew themselves to use their assets in other games. That said, the maps are stored in maps.pk3 and can be opened with SLADE.
 
Last edited:
Oh, how would I get in contact with the devs for permission? I didn't think it would be an issue cause it's a free game
 
Oh, how would I get in contact with the devs for permission? I didn't think it would be an issue cause it's a free game
You can ask them in their Discord server. The issue isn't copyright, it's what the artists would prefer to happen to the art they made in their free time.
 
Back
Top