EXE compiling fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the Wiki says to load SRB2win.dev from win32 in the src folder. How EVER, when I select rebuild all, right when the bar gets to 99%, all this crap starts coming up saying:
[Linker error] undefined reference to `D_PostEvent'
It goes on for several lines. And it doesn't all say "D_PostEvent." It also says stuff like mariomode and srb2home and more.
So, what's going on?

Oh yeah, congrats to Sonict for reaching administratorship!

EDIT: Oh crap, wrong forum.

SSNTails said:
Someone needs Microsoft Software(tm)(r)(c)!

phahahahaha

You could have been a little more helpful there, SSNTails. Despite him using Dev-C++ (or so it seems), you should have been able to help him out more directly.

Are you sure you have all the required libraries? Also, what version of the source are you using? Not all things on the SVN are compilable totally. Make sure that any edits you may have done would not have broken it (try compiling the revision before the edited one.)

OR... wait until Alam stops being a girl (impossible) and posts in this topic.

Gaaradude6969 said:

d_main.c is not compiling/bad or d_main.o is not linking into the final binary

AlamGBC said:

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

EDIT: I'll add a step-by-step commentary on what I do.

EDIT 2: Well, It compiled, but it won't load, because , even though it's in the right directory, it says SRB2.SRB\SRB2.WAD not found!
But it SHOULD be looking for my custom WAD, not SRB2.SRB!

EDIT 3: And what's SRB2.wad? I thought it was SRB2.SRB.

Gaaradude6969 said:
AlamGBC said:

EDIT 2: Well, It compiled, but it won't load, because , even though it's in the right directory, it says SRB2.SRB\SRB2.WAD not found!

Do not run the compiled SRB2 binary from Dev-C++

AlamGBC said:
Gaaradude6969 said:
AlamGBC said:

Do not run the compiled SRB2 binary from Dev-C++

What?

He's telling you in a quite girlish manner to not load the executable directly from Dev-C++. Rather, you should copy it to your SRB2 folder and run it from there.

If it still doesn't work, you probably messed up your editing somewhere. Go check over it. SRB2.SRB is the main data wad - there is no reason for the game to not load it...

That's a predetermined error message. It doesn't matter what it reads. It means that it can't find the main wad. It would still mean that if you looked in the source and changed it to 'I like bacon'.

Warpshade said:

That's a predetermined error message. It doesn't matter what it reads. It means that it can't find the main wad. It would still mean that if you looked in the source and changed it to 'I like bacon'.

So you're saying that it HAS to stay at SRB2.SRB?
What is the name of the wad I WANT it to load is called STT.wad.
Wouldn't I replace SRB2.SRB with STT.wad wherever it is?

No that's not what I mean.

I mean that there's a place in the source that handles not being able to find the main wad, whatever you named it. It returns a message, which at present says what you typed. The message is irrelevent(sp?), what's important is what called the message. The lack of being able to find the main wad, which I'm gonna assume is called STT.wad.

SSNTails is a user? I thought he had Mod powers. Yesterday it said that for FF. It's done that for

Mystic = 2 times
FF = 3 times
SSN = 2 times

I know that's Offtopic but...

Also, Exe compiling iks easier then finding all your socs and wads for a mod...

Well, then you don't have to post it on this topic. Anyway, getting back to the subject...
It DID say that I had to edit the md5 if I change something about the wads.

Don't worry about it. If it happens, administrative action will be taken to stop that kind of thing from happening.

Sonict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back