Excuse me for saying this, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virt

Trollerskates
Aren't the Chaos Emerald sprites in SRB2 sprite rips? Because I was going through a website and saw that the classic Sonic games Emeralds looked just like SRB2's, and also the Match/CTF emerald icons. Well, are they?

Yes, and sprite rips from the classic Sonic games make sense when we're trying to reproduce the classic Sonic games in 3D. Even then, notice that the sprite rips we DO use are very specifically the type of things it doesn't matter if end up always facing the player. So yeah, the monitor and emerald sprites are taken from classic Sonic, but that makes sense.

Most people on the forums aren't doing that with their sprite rips. They take a 2D platformer sprite and try to turn it into a character WAD. That does not work at all. The scale is always wrong and the frames don't fit into our character WAD system. If we had made our Sonic sprite by using the sprites from Sonic 3 for Sonic, it would look awful. That's what these guys are doing.

It makes all possible sense. There's also no point in having emeralds have multiple frames, as they look the same at every single angle ANYWAY. Monitors are not really the same. They should have frames from the sides and back. And I also think the emeralds need to be changed to more recent emerald styles WITHOUT having to use a simple GFX wad.

We COULD have monitors have frames for the sides and back. The thing is, that would reduce visibility. While yeah, it's not realistic for the monitor to always face the player, it means the player can always see what kind of monitor it is. There's a reason why SEGA changed the powerups to those bubble things in Sonic Adventure.

We want to keep to the classic design, but in order to do that a little logical sacrifice needs to be made in places ^_~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back