Every time i try to put a lua to my mod in SLADE, its file type is "Unknown"

Someone help please, i wanted to put a lua to my mod but its file type is unknown
Okay, here's an idea: add LUA_ to the name of your text lump, ex. "LUA_1234". This automatically converts your text lump into a Lua lump, and should fix your problem.

Quick note: you can have less than 4 signs in your Lua lump's name, but not any more than 4, ex. "LUA_1", "LUA_12", "LUA_123".

Last edited:
ARE you goood at coding?
the hell is this supposed to mean

i wanted to put a lua to my mod but its file type is unknown
a lua script*
There are multiple reasons for that happening. SLADE must be able to recognize the lump first before showing its type.
It usually depends on the naming scheme or where it is located.

If you're using a WAD file, the Lua lump's name must start with LUA_. The other four characters can then be anything you want, even blank.

If you're using a PK3 file, the Lua lump must either have the .lua extension at the end, or be located within the Lua folder.

Note that sometimes you need to edit the lump first then save it, or even close then reopen the archive, before SLADE actually recognizes the script as a Lua script.

So if I'm correct, you can write your script in a .txt file, then convert it into a .lua file to use in things like SLADE?

So if I'm correct, you can write your script in a .txt file, then convert it into a .lua file to use in things like SLADE?
First off, this thread is three years old. It's generally considered poor form to bump old threads.

To actually answer your question though, yes. But this is not how it's normally done. Typically, you open your mod in SLADE, you press "New Entry" followed by "View as Text" and then write your Lua script. Make sure to give it the "LUA_" prefix.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back