• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.
  • We've updated our submissions guidelines to address AI generated content, take a look at them here.

Epix's Works Not in Progress

EpixGamer21

Member
Hello everyone! Throughout my 4-year long or so stay in this community, I've created many mods, some of which have never seen the light of day. Since my interest in this game has been dwindling, I decided to post these mods to clear up some space on my hard drive, and to just have them out there.
You can download the mods through the attached zip file. I do not guarantee that any mod will work flawlessly.

  • edibles.lua (2/22/2025)
    • Messes with your hud n' stuff. Epilepsy warning.
  • funnywater.pk3 (6/9/2025)
    • A shader script I didn't spend much time on. I honestly don't know what it's supposed to do
  • geometrydash.lua (3/11/2025)
    • A script that counts the total attempts and time taken on a level. I scripted this for a Ultimate Mode + Glass Sonic challenge but nothing ever came of it.
  • hitlag.pk3 (4/29/2024)
    • Adds hitlag to everything. I believe I made this when Ring Racers was shown off or something. I later used this in YAR Soap with some tweaks.
  • kart.pk3 (3/9/2025)
    • An SRB2Kart clone I worked on for SRB2. Although a more complete version of this exists in newer Takis the Fox versions, none of those versions were ever released publicly. Note: I had to edit the pk3 to remove some nonreusable content
  • penguin.pk3 (3/30/2024)
    • This mod recreates the penguin enemies from Penny's Big Breakaway, replacing all crawlas with variants that chase you down like in the original game. Functions mostly accurate but may cause conflicts with some characters
  • phys gun.pk3 (8/31/2025)
    • This adds both the gravgun and toolgun from Garry's Mod, complete with a spawning menu. Pressing "=" enables the tool, "]" opens the spawn menu, and "[" flips the mode of the gun. With SRB2-edit, objects will have their names in the menu
  • pikmin.pk3 (8/7/2023)
    • This one was made after Pikmin 4's release and adds a gametype of the same name. I don't remember exactly what the goal was in the gamemode, but enough progress was made for a bare-bones time system.
  • pizza tower.pk3 (2/1/2023)
    • Honestly, when opening this up I couldn't tell if I had coded this. As I improved at scripting and better developed my coding style, looking at the code in this addon looks almost alien compared to the code I make now
  • pt taunt 2.lua (4/23/2023)
    • What it says on the tin, adds a taunt that freezes and restores your momentum
  • satans choice.lua (2/16/2023)
    • What it says on the tin, just recreates the satans choice pizza from Pizza Tower
  • scary test.pk3 (12/21/2025)
    • This is a more newer addon. I was inspired by Fortnite Save the World's old art direction, as well as earlier Fortnite versions, as they were more focused on cartoony horror. I wanted to capture that sort of feel in this addon, making a horror addon that was more environmentally scary, rather than relying on scary figures and jumpscares, if that makes sense. I'm particularly proud of this addon, but I couldn't find the motivation to continue progress on it. The moving hud was inspired by games with dynamic huds, like some roblox games moving the hud when you turn your camera
    • srb21062.gif
      srb21078.gif
  • slowmode.lua (2/9/2025)
    • This script was probably based on an inside joke from an old SRB2 discord server, or maybe the OS, but this script adds slowmode to SRB2.
  • standee.lua (1/3/2024)
    • This script was very complex compared to the level of experience I had at the time. This script readds the standees from Super Mario Bros. Wonder and have them function in the same way, reviving dead players
  • underwaters 2.pk3 (10/20/2023)
    • Adds dynamic music that changes when you go underwater, similar to Banjo Kazooie
  • wallrun.lua (5/3/2025)
    • This script is my attempt at making a wallrunning script, as you might've been able to deduce. The script also rotates characters with SRB2-edit
  • watershader.pk3 (4/23/2025)
    • Similar to funnywater.pk3, this script was my attempt at a water ripple shader for OpenGL. I spent 2 months on this shader, but I never knew enough GLSL to make the effect I wanted
  • wl4.pk3 (2/19/2025)
    • An old mod, similar to older versions of YAR Soap, as both addons use old Takis code as a backbone
  • building.pk3 (11/15/2025)
    • This mod was made as a concept for a mechanic for another mod. It adds grid-snapped building similar to Fortnite's. Fire to place a build, C2 to switch between floor/walls, firenormal to remove a build
  • Takis the Fox (6/11/2023)
    • Not included. This mod has been my passion project for the better of 2 years, helping me majorly improve my scripting abilities and spriting skills. This mod suffered from severe performance issues, as it was built upon years of inefficient and poorly written code, and extreme scope-creep, and was too ambitious for its own good.
    • srb21917.gif
 

Attachments

  • EpixWIPs.zip
    24.8 MB · Views: 127
  • scary map.wad
    758.2 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
I suppose that these are open-assets right?
They are all reusable
Post automatically merged:

Hello everyone! Throughout my 4-year long or so stay in this community, I've created many mods, some of which have never seen the light of day. Since my interest in this game has been dwindling, I decided to post these mods to clear up some space on my hard drive, and to just have them out there.
You can download the mods through the attached zip file. I do not guarantee that any mod will work flawlessly.

  • edibles.lua (2/22/2025)
    • Messes with your hud n' stuff. Epilepsy warning.
  • funnywater.pk3 (6/9/2025)
    • A shader script I didn't spend much time on. I honestly don't know what it's supposed to do
  • geometrydash.lua (3/11/2025)
    • A script that counts the total attempts and time taken on a level. I scripted this for a Ultimate Mode + Glass Sonic challenge but nothing ever came of it.
  • hitlag.pk3 (4/29/2024)
    • Adds hitlag to everything. I believe I made this when Ring Racers was shown off or something. I later used this in YAR Soap with some tweaks.
  • kart.pk3 (3/9/2025)
    • An SRB2Kart clone I worked on for SRB2. Although a more complete version of this exists in newer Takis the Fox versions, none of those versions were ever released publicly. Note: I had to edit the pk3 to remove some nonreusable content
  • penguin.pk3 (3/30/2024)
    • This mod recreates the penguin enemies from Penny's Big Breakaway, replacing all crawlas with variants that chase you down like in the original game. Functions mostly accurate but may cause conflicts with some characters
  • phys gun.pk3 (8/31/2025)
    • This adds both the gravgun and toolgun from Garry's Mod, complete with a spawning menu. Pressing "=" enables the tool, "]" opens the spawn menu, and "[" flips the mode of the gun. With SRB2-edit, objects will have their names in the menu
  • pikmin.pk3 (8/7/2023)
    • This one was made after Pikmin 4's release and adds a gametype of the same name. I don't remember exactly what the goal was in the gamemode, but enough progress was made for a bare-bones time system.
  • pizza tower.pk3 (2/1/2023)
    • Honestly, when opening this up I couldn't tell if I had coded this. As I improved at scripting and better developed my coding style, looking at the code in this addon looks almost alien compared to the code I make now
  • pt taunt 2.lua (4/23/2023)
    • What it says on the tin, adds a taunt that freezes and restores your momentum
  • satans choice.lua (2/16/2023)
    • What it says on the tin, just recreates the satans choice pizza from Pizza Tower
  • scary test.pk3 (12/21/2025)
    • This is a more newer addon. I was inspired by Fortnite Save the World's old art direction, as well as earlier Fortnite versions, as they were more focused on cartoony horror. I wanted to capture that sort of feel in this addon, making a horror addon that was more environmentally scary, rather than relying on scary figures and jumpscares, if that makes sense. I'm particularly proud of this addon, but I couldn't find the motivation to continue progress on it. The moving hud was inspired by games with dynamic huds, like some roblox games moving the hud when you turn your camera
    • View attachment 185115View attachment 185116
  • slowmode.lua (2/9/2025)
    • This script was probably based on an inside joke from an old SRB2 discord server, or maybe the OS, but this script adds slowmode to SRB2.
  • standee.lua (1/3/2024)
    • This script was very complex compared to the level of experience I had at the time. This script readds the standees from Super Mario Bros. Wonder and have them function in the same way, reviving dead players
  • underwaters 2.pk3 (10/20/2023)
    • Adds dynamic music that changes when you go underwater, similar to Banjo Kazooie
  • wallrun.lua (5/3/2025)
    • This script is my attempt at making a wallrunning script, as you might've been able to deduce. The script also rotates characters with SRB2-edit
  • watershader.pk3 (4/23/2025)
    • Similar to funnywater.pk3, this script was my attempt at a water ripple shader for OpenGL. I spent 2 months on this shader, but I never knew enough GLSL to make the effect I wanted
  • wl4.pk3 (2/19/2025)
    • An old mod, similar to older versions of YAR Soap, as both addons use old Takis code as a backbone
  • building.pk3 (11/15/2025)
    • This mod was made as a concept for a mechanic for another mod. It adds grid-snapped building similar to Fortnite's. Fire to place a build, C2 to switch between floor/walls, firenormal to remove a build
  • Takis the Fox (6/11/2023)
    • Not included. This mod has been my passion project for the better of 2 years, helping me majorly improve my scripting abilities and spriting skills. This mod suffered from severe performance issues, as it was built upon years of inefficient and poorly written code, and extreme scope-creep, and was too ambitious for its own good.
    • View attachment 185117
Forgot to attach the map for scary test.pk3, it has been added now
 
Last edited:
With the way you're talking about all of this, I'm assuming this means that, in a sense, both Takis and Soap are "done" (at least for the time being)?
 

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back
Top