Enemy Spawners: chaosspawn.soc and mt_ChaoticFactoryZone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warpshade

Usually lurks somewhere.
This soc creates several different chaos mode style enemy spawners. This spawner works in all modes and will continously create enemies to fight.

This does not spawn:

SDURFs
Detons
Skims
Egg Slimers

Link: http://warp.sepwich.com/miscunrelated/chaosspawn.soc
There are eight spawns, Using Thingnums 1313, 1314, 1315, 1316, 1317, 1318, 1319 and 1320.

1313: Spawns Crawlas, Buzzes and Jetty-Syns (All varieties)
1314: Spawns Crawlas, Buzzes and Jetty-Syns (All varieties) and Eggmobile 1
1315: Spawns Jetty-Syn Bombers and Gunners.
1316: Spawns Red and Blue Crawlas.
UPDATE:
The following must see the player, before they start spawning enemies. This makes them useful for possible use in a single player scenario.
1317: (Must see player) Spawns Crawlas, Buzzes and Jetty-Syns (All varieties)
1318: (Must see player) Spawns Crawlas, Buzzes and Jetty-Syns (All varieties) and Eggmobile 1
1319: (Must see player) Spawns Jetty-Syn Bombers and Gunners.
1320: (Must see player) Spawns Red and Blue Crawlas.

The best way to put them out of comission seems to use a crusher, or a linedef executor to make the floor height = ceiling height. The spawner itself is immortal, but anything that comes out will be killed immediately. Even Eggmobile 1 can be killed in such a manner.
</UPDATE>
And a demo level: Chaotic Factory Zone. It's set for Match/Tag, and shows off the spawners.
The spawn used changes with difficulty level:

Easy: 1315 (Jetty-Syns)
Normal: 1313 (Spawns Crawlas, Buzzes and Jetty-Syns (All varieties))
Hard: 1314 (Spawns Crawlas, Buzzes and Jetty-Syns (All varieties) and Eggmobile 1)

Screenies for Chaotic Factory:
[spoiler:99aaf26e85]
srb20013.png

srb20014-1.png

srb20015.png

srb20017.png

[/spoiler:99aaf26e85]
Link to Chaotic Factory Zone: http://warp.sepwich.com/miscunrelated/mt_ChaoticFactoryZone.wad
(The soc does not need to be added/downloaded to play the level.)

Well, this is fun. It's nice to have something like chaos mode back, even if the chains are absent.
The map was also pretty good. I liked the effect on the sector with fans, although I could never get up there thanks to Crawla Commanders and Jetty-syns. One cool thing I noticed when I was playing my character wad, Jellybones, is that his spinning creates led lasers which spawns even more enemies!
Anyway, awesome soc.

Thanks. :p

Well, I did some tinkering, and made a little update that makes this plausable to use in a single player stage scenario. I've updated the .soc to include the new incarnations, and I'll edit the first post with the relevant info.

Would it be possible to merge the WAD and the SOC? That way, you would just load one file to play Chaos mode.

The spawners are in Chaotic Factory Zone's wad.
(The soc does not need to be added/downloaded to play the level.)
The only difference between the one in the wad and the soc, is that the soc now has a bunch of spawners that only activate when they see someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back