• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

EMW5 Levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kineso Naranja

Angel's Crevice Soldier
I wasn't sure where to post this, since Eggmanway 5 is not for 2.0...so I wasn't sure if posting it in the SRB2 section would be appropriate...I guess this could always be moved if need be...

But simply put, I've made this topic for a reason. I've seen a few people make critique or just outright complain about the level designs in EMW5's latest release. Now, instead of get angry and flame and defend my levels to the death...I'd actually would like to hear what people have to say and address their critiques.

(Note: I'll only comment on the levels I designed for EMW5+Encore. I cannot speak for the other levels since I am not their creator. I was just one of a few people who worked on the mod)

The following levels for EMW5 I had designed:

• Dark Plains Act 2
  • Pyramid Cave Act 1
  • Egg Base Act 1 & 2
  • Olivine Forest Act 1, 2, & Boss Battle
  • Sunken Steel Act 1, 2, & Boss Battle
  • Desolate Hill Act 1 & 2
So yeah, list what ever issues or problems you had for the levels and I'll see what I can say about that. That doesn't mean I'll try to defend every flaw with them...one of the levels was even left over from the 2005 version, so some of them are still old and I'd like to think I've improved with my level design since then (with Desolate Hill Act 2 being only about two months old in the latest version). So, yeah, I know there are mistakes, poor choices of design, and just flat-out lazy segments.

Last edited:
I think this would have fit into SRB2 Discussion or Editing, but a mod or admin can move it.

That being said, it's kinda pointless to open a feedback topic on a mod and not include information on where to obtain it. I've heard some pretty negative things on this mod, but I'll give it a shot and see what it's like.

Yeah, I guess I should give a link, huh? Hadn't really thought about that...

http://teamshadow.wikispaces.com/Eggmanway5

I know Skorne/Shadow isn't doing any current releases because of an issue with someone on Youtube...not sure if that's resolved itself yet...but you can still download the latest release there.

Edit: I know, I'm seen some negative comments...but I'm not looking on feedback on the mod, as much as I am opinions on some of the actual levels. I was just a level designer for the project, so I wanna hear the opinions on how I did...

Edit: I know, I'm seen some negative comments...but I'm not looking on feedback on the mod, as much as I am opinions on some of the actual levels. I was just a level designer for the project, so I wanna hear the opinions on how I did...
Well, opinions on the levels are the same as feedback, eh? That said, there is no download link anywhere on the site.

...Oh crap. Right. He must have took it down when the whole affair went down with "no more public releases". Christ... I'm sorry about that x.x I feel like such an idiot, heh...

I can;t really voice an opinion on this considering the lack of a download link, I did see videos of it, but that doesn't help make an opinion like playing it... :<

Well, this looks nice and all, but I don't feel like redownloading 1.09.4 to play something I probably won't like anyways.

Yeah, I apologize...apparently Skorne/Shadow is in the process of getting a new version out of EMW5...it's going to be updated and such, but until it's done there won't be a public release (I think...I'm not 100% certain). I apologize for making a pointless and moot thread...

Here's a thought! You probably won't like it, though.

Don't work as part of a team. You can do stuff on your own time, and whenever you want to release your work for feedback you totally can. Teamwork also has drawbacks like other people screwing up your stuff when you don't want them to. If I were you, I'd take your stuff out of the mod and release it separately, converted to 2.0.

If you want feedback to improve your mapping style (which you do), making something completely new will be easier. No converting necessary, and the map reflects your current skill instead of what you were a year (or more) ago.

Kineso is not one to want to port to 2.0 due to the fact of WadAuthor not being supported anymore, which is what he uses to make maps. 2.0 isn't compatible with the 2.0 configs due to how sector specials, linedef flags and such work now.

Though... porting doesn't mean he'd have to redo anything really, since we have that converter thing in the archives I believe. So maybe he could keep making maps with the old 1.09 configs in WadAuthor then convert them to 2.0 then release them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back