Empty lines being treated as "State S_="...?

NARbluebear

Self-taught Lua Amateur
I was working on a level pack. Crawlas were kinda bland for the first zone, so I tried to make something that would fit - being Sonic 2's Sol enemy. However, I ran into issues after getting the SOC set up (the Lua also doesn't work properly for some reason, but it's supposed to spawn the fire balls). Regardless, the console complains about the fact that the "S_=" state doesn't exist. I have a feeling it's because of A_UnidusBall, but I'm not sure. Attached is the SOC and Lua, along with the log.
 

Attachments

  • latest-log.txt
    4.5 KB · Views: 22
  • LUA_SOL.txt
    466 bytes · Views: 23
  • SOC_SOL.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 14

Felix44

the SOC expert
I was working on a level pack. Crawlas were kinda bland for the first zone, so I tried to make something that would fit - being Sonic 2's Sol enemy. However, I ran into issues after getting the SOC set up (the Lua also doesn't work properly for some reason, but it's supposed to spawn the fire balls). Regardless, the console complains about the fact that the "S_=" state doesn't exist. I have a feeling it's because of A_UnidusBall, but I'm not sure. Attached is the SOC and Lua, along with the log.
I checked the SOC, and I dont think its "State = S_SOLBALLX" but rather "State S_SOLBALLX" (with X being 1,2,3 or 4)
the only part of a custom enemy's state that shoudln't change with or without a = is the Action ("Action A_Look" and "Action = A_Look" should do the same)
also, there should be no need to put a # after the Freeslots, but that shouldnt break anything

Sonic Object Configuration (SOC):
State S_SOLBALL1
SpriteName = SOLF
SpriteFrame = A
Duration = 1
Action = A_UnidusBall
Var1 = 1
Next = S_SOLBALL2

State S_SOLBALL2
SpriteName = SOLF
SpriteFrame = B
Duration = 1
Action = A_UnidusBall
Var1 = 1
Next = S_SOLBALL3

State S_SOLBALL3
SpriteName = SOLF
SpriteFrame = C
Duration = 1
Action = A_UnidusBall
Var1 = 1
Next = S_SOLBALL4

State S_SOLBALL4
SpriteName = SOLF
SpriteFrame = D
Duration = 1
Action = A_UnidusBall
Var1 = 1
Next = S_SOLBALL1
 
Last edited:

NARbluebear

Self-taught Lua Amateur
I checked the SOC, and I dont think its "State = S_SOLBALLX" but rather "State S_SOLBALLX" (with X being 1,2,3 or 4)
the only part of a custom enemy's state that shoudln't change with or without a = is the Action ("Action A_Look" and "Action = A_Look" should do the same)
also, there should be no need to put a # after the Freeslots, but that shouldnt break anything

Sonic Object Configuration (SOC):
State S_SOLBALL1
SpriteName = SOLF
SpriteFrame = A
Duration = 1
Action = A_UnidusBall
Var1 = 1
Next = S_SOLBALL2

State S_SOLBALL2
SpriteName = SOLF
SpriteFrame = B
Duration = 1
Action = A_UnidusBall
Var1 = 1
Next = S_SOLBALL3

State S_SOLBALL3
SpriteName = SOLF
SpriteFrame = C
Duration = 1
Action = A_UnidusBall
Var1 = 1
Next = S_SOLBALL4

State S_SOLBALL4
SpriteName = SOLF
SpriteFrame = D
Duration = 1
Action = A_UnidusBall
Var1 = 1
Next = S_SOLBALL1
I'm facepalming so hard rn I didn't realize the SOC had "State = S_*" instead of "State S_*". Thanks for telling me my mistake.
 

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top