• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Emblem not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazingPhoenix

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Emblem 1
X = 3040
Y = -3616
Z = 0
PlayerNum = 0
MapNum = 1

^-------------

I have that in my MAINCFG, along with a gamedata set and a NumEmblems set, but it isn't working. The Emblem won't show up in the location I specified.

If you want to make an entire new game, don't even try to waste your time using the stupid 1.09.2/3.x source. It's one of the stupidest mistakes you can make.

For some reason the people who designed it thought it would be brilliant to ruin the ability to sensibly make your own crap with it, so it officially now takes hours of work in xCode to disable all the cheat crap.

>_>

That's why 1.09.x sucks. For all the good features they added, they made it too hard for people making mods to mod the game.

But. I'm. Not. Using. SOCS. I'm. Using. MAINCFG.
Seriously someone, post something helpful, this isn't helping at all.

Lostgame said:
If you want to make an entire new game, don't even try to waste your time using the stupid 1.09.2/3.x source. It's one of the stupidest mistakes you can make.

For some reason the people who designed it thought it would be brilliant to ruin the ability to sensibly make your own crap with it, so it officially now takes hours of work in xCode to disable all the cheat crap.

>_>

That's why 1.09.x sucks. For all the good features they added, they made it too hard for people making mods to mod the game.
I don't have a problem with using 1.09.3 for TML.
Though I WILL have to disable cheats at some point..

KingofFlames said:

Ha ha ha, no. MAINCFG = SOCs. And in regards to your emblem problem, find the floor height of the sector you want to place the emblem in. That should be what you use for the Z-coordinate. Remember that the Z-coordinate of the emblem is absolute, not in relation to the containing sector's floor height.

Lostgame said:

If you were actually using Windows like the rest of us, you would know about wadding, and you would know that SOCs actually have little to do with programming.

You need to specify a custom gamedata file. Also, your MAINCFG statement needs to have an argument for some reason. I notice MR uses "Category". Future use? Bug? Don't know. Anyway:

Code:
MAINCFG Category
gamedata = scr_foo.dat

EMBLEM 1
# ...

KingofFlames said:

XDDDDDDDDDDDDD

*pisses self laughing*

And for the answer- hard-code it. That's the answer.

And now for a topic about the FMOD crap when trying to compile. :P

Hard coding is the only way to go! MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

..*ahem* Anyways, I have no idea, I guess multiplying it by FRACUNIT didn't work so..

Obviously he's trying to get this to work in a wad, so that it will be compatible with SRB2. Anyways, from what I've seen, people have pretty much told you everything they can to help you. Can we see the wad? Maybe that will help me figure out what you're doing wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back