Status
Not open for further replies.

SeventhSentinel

In charge of way less than you might think
Administrator
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
OfXMPIJ.png

I don't know where else he should fly but this is just weird.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe have set it up so a panel retracts one the final blow is dealt, set a point so he heads there first, then have it go back up once he leaves?

Complicated, yes, but it would work to make Egghead stop defying physics.

It's marked invalid because I don't think they have a won't fix mark.

I kinda like Metal Blake's idea, but I think that the glass barriers should lower as part of a last hit resort. I don't think they should just go down just because of Eggman leaving. Then again, that might be too hard for the second zone.

I think the glass should break when Eggman enters his pinch phase... That would be a nice twist in it because the way it is now, the pinch phase is easier then the normal phase.

OR BETTER YET! Have the mine cart flood with goo, and have eggman roam around firing missals or something...

Also, the reason why it says invalid is most likely because it's not a "bug". It's just a design flaw.

Hopefully it's invalid because there's a whole new boss map in the works. That tunnel looks dated and doesn't fit with the current design.

The reason this is "invalid" instead of "won't fix" is because it's not a bug; it's intended by the design. Essentially, when I made that map I figured the quirk of having him fly through the glass wasn't bad enough to matter and allowed me to quickly make the level changes I needed to make, so I just ignored the quirky behavior.

As an example, another "by design" quirky behavior is the way our game behaves when you leave the water. Springs and other such features let you go flying, and that clearly makes no sense by any rational physics engine. This bug in the classics is reproduced in our game, but it's not a bug in our game because we did it on purpose by design to replicate the classics.

Since this is bug reports, and bugs are unintended quirks in the game, this isn't a bug and the report is invalid. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed; it just means it's not a bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back