Egg Satelitte is RIDICULOUSLY HARD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
just mean that they should remove some lasers because of the lag some can get.

...You do realize the NiGHTS stages SUCK for online multiplayer anyway? Players can just deliberately get hit by obstacles and cut so much time away.

Removing some lasers for "anti-lag" purposes defeats the objective of the stage being difficult. I found it tough even on single player. If you want to beat the stage, go single player. A bit of lag (which everyone ever has experienced on SRB2) doesn't stop you from doing it on single player like you should do in the first place.

...You do realize the NiGHTS stages SUCK for online multiplayer anyway? Players can just deliberately get hit by obstacles and cut so much time away.

Removing some lasers for "anti-lag" purposes defeats the objective of the stage being difficult. I found it tough even on single player. If you want to beat the stage, go single player. A bit of lag (which everyone ever has experienced on SRB2) doesn't stop you from doing it on single player like you should do in the first place.

Exactly. If you can't beat Special Stage 7, practice and take it slow. Also I have never experienced any lag whatsoever from Special Stage 7.

Last edited:
The only lag I've experienced in any special stage for any reason is SS6 (Not sure what causes it in the area experiencing it). SS7 has had no lag issues on any machine I've tested with or seen anyone else test with.

Egg Satellite? Pfft
It is not hard, even A rank
is not too difficult

http://puu.sh/7HZPG.gif you can get hit like five times and still get A rank, which is kinda disappointing to me. all I can say is try practicing the map as much as you can, and try to get all the powerups, especially the extra time one which you're probably fucked without.

Nekoishi, you have to take into account that Nights as a game-mode is not something many players will have known about coming into this, so it's alien to them... and sure, this is SS7, the 'last' special stage of the game... but even still.

It can't be made super hard or your average player, even with practice, may never get all 7 emeralds, then you have people banging on the forum doors for 2.0 style special stages back or something so they can get all 7, SS8 is the stage designed with Nights enthusiasts who want to be tested to play, SS7 has to be designed for people who's only experience with Nights is the first six special stages, which, isn't a lot.

And about the time losing thing. I find it perfectly fair that you can still manage an A rank even with a few hits, RAINBOW A is for perfectionists, A's are meant to be tough to earn, but not near-impossible, there are emblems for them after all, and im sure many people would just give up on the game-mode if they needed to meet rainbow A standards constantly.

Black Hole is complete bullshit tbh I'm not touching that with a fifty mile pole.
Also, SS7 was still painfully difficult in the old special stages; I don't see why it should be any different now.

As for the not-knowing-about-Nights thing, I actually never played a NiGHTS map before these special stages, so I didn't really know what to do. For instance, I lost on the fifth special stage twice because I kept flying over the goal.

How is black hole complete BS? you mean too hard? too easy? the term 'complete BS' is pretty broad. If anything I think beyond the sheer volume of timer abusing red walls in black hole, it's actually more enjoyable than SS7, SS7 as it is is laser hell, the idea of cramming any more of those into that zone is, if anything, frightening.

Also, SS7 was hard in 2.0 era as sonic, as tails if you had half-decent flight skills it was trivial if you ask me.

SS7 is not THAT complicated to do, a good tip is slowing down a bit in the hazards zones and smartly calculate where you have to go, with only 6 tries I finally got the emerald near the 2 seconds in 1 loop xD.

Some more thoughts. It's really not very intuitive that you're supposed to keep going after the first loop if you want to get a good score. You're being timed the whole way, so you would expect some reward for each second left on the clock, and the fact that items don't actually respawn until you've tried going OVER the goal (whereupon they suddenly appear all at once) makes it seem like there's no point in doing the level over if you already got the emerald.

Maybe the respawn point should be a little earlier so by the time you can SEE the first bit of the track again, all the items would have already respawned, drawing your attention to the fact that, hey, there's still stuff left to do! Maybe this could be a variation on the Axis Transfer object, a sort of "Axis Transfer and Respawn", where upon crossing it it would start respawning objects in the order they were collected, much like respawning works in Match. Then you could have this somewhere around the halfway mark, probably right after the capsule. (In fact, maybe the capsule could be this object?)

Another thing that Nights did to get your attention to the bonus time is make all the chips turn gold. This may seem pointless, but it causes the player to become interested in collecting this sudden new item, which leads naturally into trying to do the course all over again. I also feel that Nights' "BONUS TIME START!!" was far more eye-catching than what's currently in SRB2, so that could use some work too. You probably don't need to be told to "get to the goal", since that much is obvious once you reach the starting point again.

Agreed exactly. Turning the blue orbs into golden ones shouldn't be extremely tough, right?

I like the special stages the way they are now. The original Nights encouraged replayability and perfecting your runs with no mistakes to achieve those sought after A ranks. It kind of hurts in the standard SP mode trying to get an emerald, so as someone else suggested it should probably be fixed up to be harder in Nights mode.

I also agree with the difficulty curve- things don't get challenging until SS5 or SS6, and suddenly you're wondering what the hell happened. Before I got to SS6 I was thinking that these were too easy.

My thought process was that, along with eliminating the rank in single player, NiGHTS mode specifically would say in the menu to do multiple laps for a higher score.

This just hasn't been implemented yet.

While we're discussing these stages in general, what's up with Dusty Wasteland? You did amazing work on all of the other stages, but this one is just Spring Hill re-textured and looks unappealing. Is it just a placeholder or incomplete?
It doesn't feel like it draws much on Arid Canyon Zone either, but maybe that's tougher without a second act to draw from. (Whereas Red Volcano Zone's lava is simply easier to represents both act's gameplay well, or at least I assume it would.)

So... I just played this level and good god that hurt. As somebody who's only played NiGHITS in the form of Spring Hill Zone and a NiGHTS demo on Xbox Live acrade I was both unprepaired and so confused by the amount of stuff that was going on. Needless to say I didn't get all those Chaos Emeralds yet. Stop asking Sonic.

I think to fit this problem all you need to make levels 3 though 5 a little harder to get new players used to the controls and game so when you do spring levels 6 and 7 on them they can take them on without being "OMG what do I do?" Nothing major. SS7 should still be hard but you need to make the other sure we know how to swim before you toss us in the deep end.

You can practice the stages in Nights mode (from the 1 player menu). As long as you've been to the spaecial stage even once, you can practice there as much as you want (and thanks for that by the way, VERY smart move!). I did a bunch of runs before I was confident enough to do it in the actual game.

Just did it a few days ago, actually. Took me a while, but I finally got it. Now, getting an A rank...Yeah, I don't think I'll ever be that good. XD

I also find that despite the bazillion things trying to kill you, it's a lot more straightforward than the Magma cavern. In that stage, if you don't know about that trick in the flamethrower room, you stand zero chance of getting the emerald, let alone an A rank. :s It was a brutal difficulty jump.

I thought the special stages were well balanced with a good difficulty progression. The first special stage is extremely easy, while the last one is a good challenge. I loved them. One of my friends thinks the new special stages are the best special stages he's ever played in a Sonic game, though it's worth mentioning he hasn't been to special stages 6 and 7 yet.

It may be because I had previous experience with NiGHTs and various STGs that I got the stage down to a science on my 3rd attempt. Knowing when to move and at what speed is pretty key to having a run just for the emerald. Of course most of the time you have to be fast, for some areas it's fine to just hit the brakes and weave through some obstacles.

What is harder is actually doing all the requirements for the emblems, where you have to be more alert and/or faster to get the requirements. I was biting a nail just getting the score requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back