Editing the S_SKINs of Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virt

Trollerskates
Is it possible to edit the Main/ObjectCFGs of Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles in the actual game, like making their prefcolor different?
EDIT: I mean the S_SKINs. Oops.

Last edited:
Nope, those are entirely seperate things. They're sepeate files (Knux.plr and Tails.plr), and replacing those... Yeah, probably not a good idea.

I tried it with a copy of knux.plr I made. It got corrupted everytime I edited the S_SKIN. Plus, who the hell wants to change the prefcolors?

And BTW, Sonic's S_SKIN is in the source. Not in sonic.plr. So you can't edit it.

I figured that the problem is more that SRB2 won't allow you to replace sonic. You would have to make it a separate character. It really isn't worth the trouble. Just play as sonic in coop, and then you can be whatever color you want.

Last edited:
But it looks like people are starting to want "authentic" recolor wads for no reason. The ONLY reason they would want to change the prefcolor is so they could play as their retarded recolors in Single Player.

SuperColor was only for 1.09.4. Now by default, everyone turns yellow when Super. Prefcolor works only for Single Player, and has nothing to do with SuperColor. You'll have to edit the source code to either change Yellow, or to port back the S_SKIN variable.

No, like instead of normal Sonic, it looks like Super Sonic, but it's not... the sprites are Super Sonic... and then Tails' prefcolor would be yellow, and Knuckles' would be pink.

Then just make a backup copy of Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles, and edit the S_SKIN. For Sonic to work, try to add the additional files that Tails or Knuckles has, and get his S_SKIN from the source code. Look for the r_things.c file.

I'd love to point out this, concerning the SuperColor issue...

How about you just make the sprites in the color you want them to be, instead of complaining about not having Supercolor?

I'd love to point out this, concerning the SuperColor issue...

How about you just make the sprites in the color you want them to be, instead of complaining about not having Supercolor?

That'd either make all sprites PERMINETLY pink, or you'd replace the ability frames and have LESS sprites to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back