Edited Levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shardvex

I am making a wad, that takes all the old lost match and CTF levels from previous versions, and merging them in one large room. I currently have three merged. What I was wondering is, are you allowed to post levels like this that include things that other people made?

I'll let the quote do the talking:

[21:18] <Whackjood> oh god
[21:18] <Whackjood> a wad, made up of all the old maps that were canned for good reason?
[21:18] <Whackjood> RUN, RUN!

I honestly don't believe this is a good idea at all, and the result would probably be unplayable. But that wasn't your question. No, it wouldn't be accepted because the content itself isn't original. Now, if you vastly modified the stages in question and the result was actually playable, then you could do that. But if you're just taking old stages and putting them together, no.

No, I mean I remixed the levels, as in it reminds you of the origanals. All of it is playable, good looking, and intresting. But a few linedefs and sectors I copied from the origanal real levels. Am I allowed to do that?

Oh, and what wad was Whackjood talking about?

Last edited:
He was talking about yours. But yeah, if you're just taking a few elements from the old levels but designing something new around them, it'd be okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back