Votes: 0 0.0%
  • N Gage QD

• Less retarded polls

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, neither of them appeal to me. Like Tets said, there's no point in buying them until some good, quality titles are announced. Sonic DS isn't exactly a game, it was a demo shown at E3 to demonstrate how the second screen could be used. And why would anyone care? The object of the game is to rub your finger on the second screen to make sonic run faster. Sonic Team did some crazy stuff before, but I know they're smart enough to realize what a mistake that would be. Truth be told, the second screen is basically just a gimmick to earn some extra cash. And being the money-grubbing whores that they are, you'll probably have to use it to connect to their next console via link cable for "extra goodies". But on the other hand, This is Sony's first handheld, so they're inexperienced, which gives Nintendo the advantage. So until I see something really outstanding, my money is staying in my pocket.

-End rant-

The Sonic thing WAS just a tech demo. It was nothing more. Stop spreading rumors you impatient Sonic-freaks. A Sonic DS game will be out later. That demo was just to show what capabilities the DS has. Also, just because a system doesn't have a Sonic game in its starting lineup doesn't mean it's not worth buying.

Also, how do you know that the bottom screen is just a gimmick? It has true potential and will result in some awesome hand-eye coordinating games. Heck, you haven't even touched a DS, so how can you say that! Nintendo can pull a piece of crap out of a hat and make it atractive, and they can easily make this the best item out on the market.

Yeah, they COULD. But none of the games announced have truly tapped into the screens potential. That's all I'm saying. Sheesh, this is gonna turn into a flame war pretty soon...

I hate sony!!! They flattend sega and now the triying to take nintendo's rule over the portable market. Just cause they didnt get there way with the snes cd. Now they hold a huge grudge over nintendo and will do anything to get them out of business.

Chill out! They're just consoles, not a religion!

Oh, who am I kidding? Video games are a way of life! *lights candles and starts praying to his Mega Drive*

Oh yeah! video games are the thing of the future. Imagine if it was also a thing in the WAY Past. Then we'd probably be studying about Prophet Muhammad playing something like Prince of Persia.

Ok. I think that's enough from me

Hehe. I LOLed at that one. :)

This is the most active topic I've ever posted in.

If you haven't seen any games using the screen's potential, you must be blind. Every single game said so far uses the touch screen very well.

I'm going for that Pac Man DS game, it sure as hell uses the touch screen to quite an extent. Two screens may be a gimmick, but what ISN'T in the gaming world?

Windows CE 5.0 has Direct3D support, and ATI, Nvidia, and PowerVR have been developing 3D accelerators for PocketPCs. Once the next edition of PocketPC comes out, you'll be able to get better-than-Dreamcast performance in a PocketPC. Sonic Heroes pocket, anyone?

3D Sonic game without an analog control stick? I'm all for that!

*start* *fall off cliff* *die* *repeat*

But when I think about it, I still play SNES Starfox to this day, so it couldn't be that bad. Pretty impressive though, Dreamcast powah in yo' pocket, beeyotch.

Also, while I'm still thinking about it, there'd better be some sort of Starfox game for the DS. Maybe something along the lines of the ill-fated Starfox 2.

Tets said:
Also, while I'm still thinking about it, there'd better be some sort of Starfox game for the DS. Maybe something along the lines of the ill-fated Starfox 2.

With the amount of N64 ports looming on the horizon, you're more likely to see Star Fox 64 than anything else. Which isn't bad in itself; everyone enjoyed SF64.

They aren't just ports. They are ports with a lot of new features and levels. Take Super Mario 64 DS as an example. It was going to be just a port with a multiplayer feature, but now it has so much more. It has minigames, new characters, new abilities, new levels, and new ways to defeat old enemies. Don't worry, it still will be able to play Multiplayer.

For all you analog stick missers, there's going to be a special thing coming out at the same tiime of the DS is released that straps on to your thumb. Then, you put it on the bottom screen and it works like an analog joystick. This accessory is going to be usable with Super Mario 64 DS and probably all the other 3D adventure games.

FireKid said:
They aren't just ports. They are ports with a lot of new features and levels. Take Super Mario 64 DS as an example. It was going to be just a port with a multiplayer feature, but now it has so much more. It has minigames, new characters, new abilities, new levels, and new ways to defeat old enemies. Don't worry, it still will be able to play Multiplayer.

Which still makes them ports. And my assumption is that they had all those plans for SM64DS to begin with; it was never going to be "just a port".

So, in conclusion, the DS will have a lot of N64 ports. But since we know how Nintendo can spruce up ports when they try, who said that's a bad thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back