DS Or PSP?

PSP Or DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bigboi said:
You have to agree, though, that most people here are DS fanboys. Some will even admit it themselves.
I do agree. I'm one myself. The poll results kinda spell it out in black and white. However, I'm honest to god tired of your "I'm leaving, but I never really will!" attitude. Hence the flame form. You've been saying you're leaving for months now. If you're going to leave, do it. If you're not going to leave, stop saying you are. If you wanna say you're leaving and stay, might I suggest getting some professional help for your multiple personality disorder? It's annoying to hear the constant "I HATE THIS PLACE BUT I'M STAYING JUST BECAUSE" spiel.

I am going to leave. I never said when, is all. I'm probably leaving in August.

Back on topic, I'm not really a DS fanboy. Though I DO have a DS, I'm raising money for a PSP. Half the reason is to watch movies on it and surf the web.

The DS has a better library than the PSP, but the PSP has a lot more features. It's a stalemate for me.

Yeah I've had friends with PSPs. I liked watching Family Guy in school. And another thing I liked about it is that it doesn't just have good graphics, but better gameplay. I stupidly bought Need for Speed Most Wanted for the DS, and it looked like the GBA racing games, only more graphical and more features. I played Need for Speed Underground 2 for the PSP, and it had a better engine, more car graphics, everything.

Yeah, DS console ports really suck. If it's multiplatform and for the DS, that's pretty much proof it sucks. The good DS games are only the ones designed for the system, honestly.

Mystic said:
BIG BLOCK OF TEXT
Wouldn't this make you a hypocrit? Your post really has nothing to do with the topic either. Then again, neither does this one..
Don't make quotes the size of an Xbox

Did you have to quote the entire thing? <_<

And it kinda did have something to do with the topic, since it was based on Bigboi's post on it. Or directed towards it. Or whatever.

But it was a flame form, so kinda not.

brianv said:
Mystic said:
BIG BLOCK OF TEXT
Wouldn't this make you a hypocrit? Your post really has nothing to do with the topic either. Then again, neither does this one..
The flame form is intentionally hypocritical to make light of flaming in general. However, I was using it to make a small point, but in a roundabout way that's generally a little more amusing. I could directly confront the issue, but I'd rather not do so in a regular topic. I consider that issue resolved now, and it's not necessary to go on about it anymore.

DS FOR THE WIN!
two screens are better than one!

other factor include:

DS is VERY durable, PSP isn't.
DS has touch screen, PSP doesn't
and much nmore that I can't think of right now...

and it's a well known fact that Nintendo > Sony.

A tie.

Tetris DS = Lumines

GTA: Liberty City Stories = Super Mario 64 DS

I could go on. The PSP has amazing graphics, about as good as the Dreamcast, if not better. The DS doesn't have as good graphics, but makes up for it in innovation. I have a bad feeling about the DS, time-wise. The touch screen and the microphone can only do well for so long. I have a feeling that there are going to be a lot of half-assed games just cashing in on the touch screen in the future. (There are some developers doing that now.)

As for the PSP, some games are going to be blockbusters. I personally can't wait for GTA: Vice City Stories and Power Stone Collection (both PS games? win.) Then again, there are going to be a lot of multiplatform games that suck on the PSP just like the DS.

Bigboi said:
Tetris DS = Lumines

Uh, Tetris DS? I suppose you've never tried Meteos.
I could go on. The PSP has amazing graphics, about as good as the Dreamcast, if not better. The DS doesn't have as good graphics, but makes up for it in innovation. I have a bad feeling about the DS, time-wise. The touch screen and the microphone can only do well for so long. I have a feeling that there are going to be a lot of half-assed games just cashing in on the touch screen in the future. (There are some developers doing that now.)

As for the PSP, some games are going to be blockbusters. I personally can't wait for GTA: Vice City Stories and Power Stone Collection (both PS games? win.) Then again, there are going to be a lot of multiplatform games that suck on the PSP just like the DS.[/quote]

Running down the list;
1.) Well, by purely technical fare, the PSP is inferior to the Dreamcast, but they're close so I'll give you that.
2.) Touch-screen and microphone will only go so far, yes, but what does the PSP have to counter it? Graphics. Which go even less.
3.) Yeah, Power Stone is something I'd certainly look foward to if I still had my PSP. Best fighting game of all time, IMO. Beats SSBM by a longshot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back