• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Dreamcast Sonic (DC-Sonic) Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperPhanto

Bad at every videogame ever
BlueBlur said:
It's been quite a while since the original SEGA Dreamcast Sonic post which then turned into "True Adventure Sonic"
Then re-named back to Dreamcast Sonic!
Development has been very VERY low, in fact I haven't been doing anything related to SRB2 modding for months... So, here are the new set of standing frames and some new artwork! Currently working on a lot more as of the date of this thread. (NOT CSS ARTWORK).
AdventureSonicFINAL_Rotate.gif
AdventureSonic_Credits_1.png
Blur's original post is being kept here for archival purposes.

Last edited:
It's been quite a while since the original SEGA Dreamcast Sonic post which then turned into "True Adventure Sonic"
Development has been very VERY low, in fact I haven't been doing anything related to SRB2 modding for months... So, here are the new set of standing frames and some new artwork! Currently working on a lot more as of the date of this thread. (NOT CSS ARTWORK).
View attachment 40428View attachment 40429
Aw yeah. This is happening.

Happy to see this didn't die. Our dreams are being cast!
Also what abilities are the abilities planned for this character to be packaged in, I know at least the homing attack or a homing thonk will be in as that tends to be the easier to implement, will a light speed dash work like Modern sonic? or charge up like Adventure?
if you plan on doing a recreation of Dream cast sonic fully, some things to note in is Sonic jumps in SA1 were more floaty, and with the homing attack mainly in SA2 Sonic at least felt like he gained more height after successfully hitting a enemy?
But most importantly if you do a lot of abilities don't limit yourself to two buttons like those games. I'm mostly joking, good luck on the project whether this mod will be simple and fun or complex and fun, all that matters is that the character is fun to play as, so don't sweat it, I'm confident it will turn out great!
I am metal sonic feel my wrath, I got a dick like a chainsaw I'll cut you in half. HAHAHA.gif

View attachment 40428View attachment 40429
GOD DAMN THAT'S EPIC

Technically it doesn't hurt anybody to create a mod, but I just don't see the appeal of an "Adventure Sonic".
There's already a great Modern Sonic mod out there. What would even be different other than cosmetics? I don't think the bounce attack and a wacky spindash are enough reason for me to download yet another Sonic for this game. Pretty much every other move from the Adventure era would just be annoying, like the rocket accel and the magic gloves, but I guess it'd be interesting to see if the mod author could actually revamp some of the shitter moves and make them viable. It's just in concept, I don't get this.

Technically it doesn't hurt anybody to create a mod, but I just don't see the appeal of an "Adventure Sonic".
There's already a great Modern Sonic mod out there. What would even be different other than cosmetics? I don't think the bounce attack and a wacky spindash are enough reason for me to download yet another Sonic for this game. Pretty much every other move from the Adventure era would just be annoying, like the rocket accel and the magic gloves, but I guess it'd be interesting to see if the mod author could actually revamp some of the shitter moves and make them viable. It's just in concept, I don't get this.
Dude, the modern sonic from here it's a mashup of every game of Sonic (collecting the best parts form these games), and here is the guy that want to replicate those abilities from adventure on SRB2, remember that Sonic from Lost World? (Hexhog here) it "replicates" the gameplay from its own game... (mostly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back