• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

doom legality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

ZDOOM Aaron
is it legal to port levels over from shareware chexquest/doom/dukenukem if you put the credits in the level (on a wall)?

No, it isn't. That level geometry was sold for money, and what you're doing is taking the work of other people and redistributing it for free, when it hasn't been released under open-source licenses.

Besides, they wouldn't work well in SRB2 at all. Doom works best in cramped spaces, whereas SRB2 thrives in the open.

Besides, they wouldn't work well in SRB2 at all. Doom works best in cramped spaces, whereas SRB2 thrives in the open.
Upscaling level size powers go? I mean sure, it'd look a bit wierd but it'd definently be a lot more functional. Otherwise I'd have to agree that Doom geometry in general is pretty unsuited to SRB2, being overly cramped and flat.

Though while we're on the subject, I've always wondered how Doom monsters would work in SRB2...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back