Doom Builder.. and hi..

Status
Not open for further replies.

saph

'lo. I been watching the forums for a while, and jus' decided to join in. =/

Anyway, I guess I should ask this here. I know how in WadAuthor, when you first load it up, you can choose the config file or somethin'. Can you do that in Doom Builder? 'Cause when I put a ring down in WadAuther, it's a health booster item thingy in Doom Builder. Any way I can load the config into Doom Builder? If not, I'd have to use DB for level editing, WA for things, and Lump Tool for everything else.

It automatically loads the config file, just put it in the same DIR. I like to delete the .cfgs for all the other games like DOOM and ZDOOM. Just make sure that you don't delete the nodebuilding and ACS and Builder CFGs, because they're the same filetype.

Huh. I added the cfg file and set it up and stuff, but now DB says it can't find F_SKY1 flat... I told it to use gfx from srb2.wad.

EDIT: And when I go to 3D mode, all the textures are white...?

If you're deleting ZDOOM and Hexen, then why do you need to keep ACS? Does it impact the nodesbuilding somehow? Frankly I wouldn't TOUCH those, just in case the needs arise that - ya know - you actually WANT to edit with ZDOOM. In your situation you'd have to download DoomBuilder again, which is a bit of a waste of time.

F_SKY1 isn't in SRB2.SRB, sorry. Don't fret over it, though; it'll display the sky regardless. (I mean, DOOM has this mountain picture for F_SKY1, but you never see it in-game, so what does it really matter?)

As for the white textures... not sure what's up with that. Can you edit textures outside of 3D Mode?

Uh, I don't like DOOM games so I don't have to edit ZDOOM or HEXEN. And, I wouldn't touch ACS because I think it's like for the nodebuilders or something. Have you ever opened it up and seen what's inside? I would just leave it alone.

ACS is a scripting thing for level design. Essentially it lets you modify what happens in a level with a very basic, vaguely C++-like coding structure. You can't do jack with it unless you're in a mode that supports it and BEHAVIOR lumps, though, and it compiles with a different program entirely (ACC, I believe). If you're intent on removing all that jazz from DoomBuilder, I don't think removing it will kill the program, unless you change your stance on DOOM (not likely).

Not that I advocate removing ANY of that stuff.

Shadow Hog said:
F_SKY1 isn't in SRB2.SRB, sorry.

Yeh, I changed it to gfx.wad and it worked ^^

As for the white textures thing, I dunno what it was, but it fixed itself. Yeah I could edit the textures outside 3D mode, I could click the box and choose a texture. Thanks, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back