Do you like bang your computer? or bang on your laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't had a Blue Screen of Death in Vista at all in the past few months of using it, whereas I did, albeit rarely, in XP. Hell, the only time Vista has well and truly crashed on me is when... well, I don't think it HAS crashed on me.

ree-c said:
I haven't had a Blue Screen of Death in Vista at all in the past few months of using it, whereas I did, albeit rarely, in XP. Hell, the only time Vista has well and truly crashed on me is when... well, I don't think it HAS crashed on me.

Same here. :/

Instead of hitting anything, I wait patiently for everything to finish loading. Apparently, I'm one of the few people here who isn't a complete spazz.

Leo the Lion said:
ree-c said:

Same here. :/

Hmm...What am I doing wrong? ...Maybe it's because I only have 30% memory left or something...I think it usually happens when...I'm downloading or managing my music...I really can't remember when it happens.

I am a computer repair guy with a littel teper. I never take out my anger on any computers that not mine. My computer repair teacher boke other peoples computers out of anger. He told a story about when he thorw a computer on to the ground because it had so many problems.

Ritz said:
Instead of hitting anything, I wait patiently for everything to finish loading. Apparently, I'm one of the few people here who isn't a complete spazz.
I am the same. However, my parents keep clicking the Refresh button if a page isn't loading fast enough. Like that's going to help.

XsoniccoreX (814) said:
Hmm...What am I doing wrong? ...Maybe it's because I only have 30% memory left or something...I think it usually happens when...I'm downloading or managing my music...I really can't remember when it happens.

Nope, that's not it. I have 0% memory left in the D: drive. (from what I know, that's the recovery)

Ha, I think my recovery drive has 6% left.
Vista finally smartened up after a few months and realized there wasn't enough room for back ups and quit asking me to do it lol.

I meant I have around 30% in my hard drive left.
I could care less about my recovery drive.
All my iTunes music is backed up on DVDs and I have
recover discs burned so I don't even bother with recovery.

For a while I have used a Ritz/Crazygamerx6 approach. I patiently wait for it to load, unfreeze whatever and if it doesn't go anywhere b'zow, enter the power button.

It doesn't matter how much you have left in your hard drive. It's just what type of computer it is. for example, I have an HP Pavilion with Vista, so it would work better.

Leo the Lion said:
It doesn't matter how much you have left in your hard drive. It's just what type of computer it is. for example, I have an HP Pavilion with Vista, so it would work better.

dv2000?

I have the exact same thing then. Yays we're notebook buddies! *mauled*

...just asking, since you said it depended on what you had and we both have HPs with Vista...
Anyways back to topic...I think I'll put my last post in this thread.
I used to bang and beat on my desktops but I have since learned that loosing your temper (which I already have little of) accomplishes nothing. And I can't afford to beat on a laptop which would break far easier than my parents' desktops. Patience with computers is far more productive than violence and repair bills. Learn it and exercise it. That is all.

I've never banged my computers, as I think it is a stupid thing to do because it could break them.
I care about my computers and I'd hate to see them broken.
I do not get angry at computers usually, but when I do, I just get up from my chair and get a break and do something else.

I only hit my computer for the times when my screen goes black. If that doesn't work, I resort to putting it on standby using key commands. (Windows key, U key, then S key.

I don't have to hit my computer, it never crashes, ever. The only time it actually ran slowly was when I tried out Crysis, and that's just my cheapo £30 graphics card I need to replace :3

Your computers are, all of them, vermin. Cowering in the dirt, processing... what, I wonder? The probability that they escape the coming Dual Core onslaught? No, your computers will burn until they are but ash! And not even Naga's computer will live to creep, blackened from its hole to mar the reflection of our passage; the culmination of the move to multi-core processing, for your computers' destruction is the will of the gods! And mine? Mine is their instrument!

cueball61 said:
I don't have to hit my computer, it never crashes, ever. The only time it actually ran slowly was when I tried out Crysis, and that's just my cheapo £30 graphics card I need to replace :3

Your computers are, all of them, vermin. Cowering in the dirt, processing... what, I wonder? The probability that they escape the coming Dual Core onslaught? No, your computers will burn until they are but ash! And not even Naga's computer will live to creep, blackened from its hole to mar the reflection of our passage; the culmination of the move to multi-core processing, for your computers' destruction is the will of the gods! And mine? Mine is their instrument!
What about just "Mine didn't crash before."?

cueball61 said:

Dude... you're on essentially the same CPU as me, just with a slightly higher speed. And switching to a quad-core CPU isn't the smartest move to make right away. How about you wait until the dual-core really is useless, or at least giving a noticeable performance drop? Like I did with my graphics cards, "slow performance? Solution! Buy new card!" which is what I did with Rayman 3, then FEAR, and now Crysis. Whoo 8800GT!

Besides. I plan to upgrade my motherboard sometime (Within the next 2 years, probably), with the AM2+/AM3/whatever so I can use AMD quads. Also, obvious SLI here. Not going to go without a SLI-less motherboard, need a cheap upgrade-alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back