Disney's Magic Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piggybank

I wasn't sure where to put this, but here it goes.

I just happened to go to Walt Disney World recently, and got to help out with beta testing this new thing Disney's making. It's called Disney's Magic Connection, and it's pretty handy.

It's hard to know where to start about this new system. They have the beta test at the Magic Kingdom. In a nutshell, the took a DS Lite, added a brand new game card to the DS Slot along with a GPS thing to the GBA Slot, and made it a very handy buddy to have at the park.

The DS views the park map of the Magic Kingdom, and also your current location. You are able to look through all the rides, shows and resturaunts that the Magic Kingdom has to offer, and you can tell the DS to find the quickest route to your location, and it will find it for you and put it on the map! This is also used for finding the nearest restrooms too.

My favorite part, however, is the wishlist. Here is where you put the rides that you want to go to that day for sure, and it will show you the wait times for all of these rides on the DS! It even has a reccomendation system for your wishlist also!

You can discuss about it here. In the meantime, I'm going to take a nice nap from my Disney trip.

Well, that's pretty impressive. I'd love to see this kind of deal take grounds at other amusement parks. Do you have any clue if it will cost anything extra on top of the ticket?

Yeah, that is pretty awesome. If only there was a Walt Disneywrld in New Zealand and I had a DS :P

No, you misunderstood: You take your regular ordinary DS from Nintendo, and put in a DS and GBA game card in each slot. The game cards are the things from Disney; the DS is not.

It's great though, considering the size of DisneyWorld... Though it's only practical use is there. Now, if you could incorporate that kind of technology into use ANYWHERE, it could become a GPS system, a phone, MP3 player... the possibilities are endless, and Nintendo would make gazillions of dollars with it, but they aren't thinking about it. Of course, we all know that this would topple the iPhone in an instant, but Nintendo wont take the initiative. Oh well!

Ash:
Yeah, your right about the DS game cart being Disney's. I was in a rush to get this typed before I forgot.

furyhunter600:
When we took a survey during the beta test, we were asked about what a reasonable fee would be. I thought that something of around $5-10 would be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back