Difficulity with Music And Sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peruant

Yes well I'm new to this. Some people maybe be have a common problems with SRB2 with sound and whatnot, but I have a few questions I want to ask.

1)So I'm guessing there was already everything set in the game . The music or sounds are refusing to work and I placed them in the correct sound formats, is there something that could be messing with the program or music itself ?

2a) When I get the music wad files set, do I just stick them with the folder with the game ?

2b) Do I have to check the music.dta to get it working? If it's the music.dta file , which program do I open it?

You need to figure out what the music lumps are named here, and then name the Ogg or Mp3 music to that. After that load the music file into the wad and the normal song will be replaced. For sounds, you will have to open the file SRB2.SRB in xwe, being extremely careful not to edit anything, and click the sounds tab at the bottom. Figure out what sound you want to replace and name your custom sound's Wav file to that. After that load the Wav file into the wad and the normal sound will be replaced.

Don't mean to double post, I'm in a pickle with this. It's failing to load the music wad I placed. And I don't think it's XWE that's wrong . All I'm hearing now is sound flickering.

To state things clearly, the music that's been embedded or my own does not play either.

edit: I actually found the real problem behind it. Looks like it's with the computer and not with SRB2 and the music because my bro's comp is working just fine with it. Wonder what's wrong with mine though..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back