Develop 3D games for free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sik

Somebody know a program with that I can create 3D games for free, royalty free, for Windows (that works fine in Win98 and WinXP, please) and that can be downloaded from Internet?

You could code your own... uh... perspective code... in VB or GM or MMF or TGF... I'd *guess*...
Then again, that would be rather hard.

BEFORE READ: I already posted some of the things in this message. I don't know why they haven't sent. :?

firemario1001 said:
Dark Basic... Jamagic...
I said FREE.

SomeGuy2: I seem the page... The only thing that I tested is XBasic but it isn't good... A lot that I seem aren't free... So, I don't know what to do...

HotDog: Perspective? I say about real 3D... And hovewer, for 3D, I haven't the correct algorithms.

For that, you would need a 3D model program (3DSMax7 is the bet one I have) and some skill in C/C++ programming

JetKrazy said:
For that, you would need a 3D model program (3DSMax7 is the bet one I have) and some skill in C/C++ programming
That's the problem. I haven't 3DS (and I'm not sure about the way that AutoCAD converts) and my knowledges about C is only for text modes... Oops...

News:

1. I've found now a lot of articles for C++ about programming 2D, pseudo-3D (like SRB2) and 3D, as well some interesant FX. This can be usefull for me. ;)

2. I found a language that can create games in mode-7. That isn't the thing that I'm searching, but it's more nearer than nothing. ;)

Yeah. Like the DOOM engine, but without walls, cellings (well, you can simulate them doing two mode-7 "windows" (I name the mode-7 sectors on the screen as windows) at the same time) and slopes. Only a floor and sprites on it.

Hovewer, it has an advantage: the level space is infinite (in the language that I use is possible to repeat the floor as a tile too).

AN EDIT THAT REALLY IS ANOTHER POST: Nevermind. I found the method for do a simple raycasting (but VERY simple, because different heights are missing, damn!!!)... Just, I'm searching yet, but at the moment, no more advanced 3D engines are needed. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back