Democrats bashing ABC for 9/11 movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?ArtNum=158136

Basically, they're upset that it fingers Clinton with 9/11. Well, if you stop and think, who was president for 8 years before September 11th? Who took little action after the 1993 bombings at the World Trade Center? I think it's bull that they're going to try and cover that. I've always felt that Clinton, not Bush, was at fault for anything wrong with Pre-September 11th investigation into potential terrorist attacks.

Dark Warrior said:
I've always felt that Clinton, not Bush, was at fault for anything wrong with Pre-September 11th investigation into potential terrorist attacks.

I've always felt that people should read the facts before making ridiculous, unsupported opinions.

Basically, I don't think we should shove the blame on people when we obviously don't have the facts leading up to this one. I seriously doubt that the Clinton administration was asleep at the switch as I hear this documentary implies.

Honestly, I don't blame Bush either for 9/11, either, because seriously, the reality of the matter is that there is definite 20/20 hindsight on things that we "should have" noticed prior to it. Yeah, they probably should have seen the warning signs ahead of time, but they didn't, and as human beings, I do not fault them for that. I've screwed up many times and looked back on it and realized "You know, I should have noticed that."

Obviously, the U.S. government didn't.

Also, am I the only person on Earth TIRED of hearing about 9/11 constantly every September? I understand that it's a relevant date to talk about, but must we talk about it for a full week or two every year? How about talking about it on the actual date instead of having every frikken TV station talk about it for days on end? Talking about what the terrorists did constantly is EXACTLY what their goal was. They didn't just succeed at taking out the WTC and damaging the Pentagon, they succeeded at an even greater goal, making people paranoid and generally terrorizing them. The last thing we need is for CNN to say "The anniversary of the reason you're irrationally scared is coming up in a week" and then have every station talk about it repetitively over and over. I was watching the news today and from the coverage I thought it WAS 9/11 until I looked at the date on the calendar. That's just stupid.

Just a pet peeve of mine.

Mystic said:
Also, am I the only person on Earth TIRED of hearing about 9/11 constantly every September? I understand that it's a relevant date to talk about, but must we talk about it for a full week or two every year? How about talking about it on the actual date instead of having every frikken TV station talk about it for days on end? Talking about what the terrorists did constantly is EXACTLY what their goal was. They didn't just succeed at taking out the WTC and damaging the Pentagon, they succeeded at an even greater goal, making people paranoid and generally terrorizing them. The last thing we need is for CNN to say "The anniversary of the reason you're irrationally scared is coming up in a week" and then have every station talk about it repetitively over and over. I was watching the news today and from the coverage I thought it WAS 9/11 until I looked at the date on the calendar. That's just stupid.

I actually think that its a good thing to air documentaries/movies pre-9/11. But only the one week prior to it. I think that their goal wasn't just to get people to talk about it. It was to instill fear. A goal which hasn't happened. It generally instills more anger towards terrorist groups. Not prevent people from living their lives after the attacks, as would have been likely what they wanted. It would bother me more if people ignored it until just that one day. I can't ever forget what I saw. Nor do I want to. It would be a disservice to those that lived through that day.

Mystic said:
Basically, I don't think we should shove the blame on people when we obviously don't have the facts leading up to this one. I seriously doubt that the Clinton administration was asleep at the switch as I hear this documentary implies.

I've screwed up many times and looked back on it and realized "You know, I should have noticed that."

Who would seriously believe that a bunch of deadbeat arabs over in a 9th world country where water only runs when you carry it in a bucket could possibly ever fly jetliners into buildings on our own land?

SSNTails said:
Who would seriously believe that a bunch of deadbeat arabs over in a 9th world country where water only runs when you carry it in a bucket could possibly ever fly jetliners into buildings on our own land?
Precisely my point. It seems too ridiculous to believe. You told someone that on September 10th, 2001 and they'd laugh at you.

And Dark Warrior, if you think that it hasn't accomplished its goal, it's MORE than accomplished their goal. Look at how many freedoms we've given up due to protecting ourself from terrorists. What scares me a LOT more than a bunch of damn terrorists is our own government at this point. It's like the Bush administration doesn't even understand WHY we'd be angry that they're doing wiretaps, and WHY we'd be angry about being in a war we clearly should not have been in. I would rather have another 9/11 than give up my freedoms and have the government wiretapping phones illegally.

This is America, but it sure isn't acting like it recently. If that doesn't say "terror", I don't know what does.

Hey. How's it going?

I haven't watched the movie myself and really don't care to, but I have heard from many people that it is pretty accurate, save a few details based on speculation. From what I have heard though, the US did have a chance to bag Bin Laden during the Clinton administration, but Clinton said no.

That's my two cents and my first post in over eight months. Go me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back