• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Dash's World: Moving to releases/massive update

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Forest Wolf said:
Donovan the hedgehog said:
YAY! NOW I CAN PLAY IT WITHOUT LAGGING IT UP TO 2 FRAMES PER SECOND!

Wow Xp hates OpenGL... good thing I have Vista on an acer computer. ^_^'

Not necessarily. It depends on the graphic card. Donovan's apparently can't handle OGL. Yours can, Forest Wolf. Software is a good rendrer for anti-lag, and it's good for computers that can't run OGL.

My srb2.srb isnt working when I rename it (mine it says its a scrapbook file not sure if it is with everyone...) Can someone help? This sounds really good (especially the digging part!)

Sonict said:
Open up "My Computer". Go to "tools > Folder Options..." in the menu. Then, click on the "View" tab. Uncheck the option called: "Hide extensions for known file types". That should do it.

Sonict is now your friend, Tails24. :P

So, when can we expect a bug fix with some of the bugs mentioned or are you adding more stuff to the exe for the new release =/

Ok, you know what? You've named this incorrectly. It's not Dash's World, it's Shuffle's, JTE's, Flame's (and Turtleman's) and STJr's world with a little bit of Dash put in. Most of the stuff in here is from other mods and don't give me that "It's hard to port" BS because it's not, I've ported code from other mods before and it's very easy indeed and requires little to no modification of the code in question. That is, if the version is around the same (SPMoves is rather hard to port to 1.09.4, I presume) which it is.

I acknowledge that you have given credit and I respect that, but the point still stands, this seems more like a compilation of features from other mods with a bit of your own stuff thrown in than anything else.

And just for the record, a lot of those new textures look horrible, especially the grass texture. They reek of the 'brown == real' theory, which is not a good thing. By the way, who did the gems? SMS? =P

One more thing...
You want to go from modifying SRB2 code in little bits, to a game from scratch? You are kidding, right?

Ok, I lied, there's one more thing as well...
The slopes code in SRB2 hasn't been touched in hundreds of revisions, it's not in 1.09.4 for a reason.

I've ported code from other mods before and it's very easy indeed and requires little to no modification of the code in question. That is, if the version is around the same (SPMoves is rather hard to port to 1.09.4, I presume) which it is.

No, the versions are not really the same, the SVN code and the source you download from the main site (not .a) seems much different. I didn't use the SVN as my code base, so when I try to import things like V_DoPostprocessor , the game crashes even though it seems I put all the code in the right places. Other things are different like finecosine isn't a function or new and/or changed functions like getplayerspinheight or P_DoJump. Anyway, this isn't a finished piece of work yet, so I really don't see your point here. This isn't going to remain this way, I'm adding new levels, code, and other things to this. Like I said before, I'm not importing any more features from other mods other than what's in the release I gave out. Now I'm adding the new and original stuff: I'm adding the "Dash" to Dash's World.

SRB2 Message Board said:
icon_minipost.gif
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:12 pm Post subject: Dash's World: Version 0.1

Wow, I did not know it was that late

Err...having a little problem with renaming srb2.srb to game.data. It worked with music.dta to music.data.

Sonict said:
Open up "My Computer". Go to "tools > Folder Options..." in the menu. Then, click on the "View" tab. Uncheck the option called: "Hide extensions for known file types". That should do it.
I really wish this was put on the first page or something, so that people don't keep asking the same question. >_<

EDIT: Wait, I didn't read that right, but this might help, since the .dta file is probably similar to the .data file, but I don't think it is.

Probably because he made it that "SRB2.SRB" gets open with XWE (or whatever lump editor he/she uses) automatically, making it 'recognized" by his/her computer (I don't know everyones gender here, I'm not a mind-reader. :P). However, music.dta was probably untouched, making it unrecognized.

Doesn't everyone agree that it would have been a much better idea for DashFox to make it so you don't have to do all this renaming? much easier for the end user, and also easier for the programmer as well. (As in, the programmer doesn't have to explain all this, and gets to leave chunks of code untouched.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back