• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Dash's World: Moving to releases/massive update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot of mapinfo:
picture1ed5.png

Screenshot of particles:
picture2pi0.png

Particles are included all over the place, for you to discover

Also, knux can dig now, which is unique because he can move under obstacles that you can't normally spin under, so it's easy to make a unique path in a level for his digging ability.

Still working on finishing up a few levels......

Dashfox2007 said:
Naw, I'm just making a little something here that I hope people would like to play.

You should at least give yourself a pat on the back for giving Knux a digging ability.

Go ahead. I'll wait.

Oh, and, for the digging ability should I make it so that wads with knux's ability number get it or make it an option of digging = 1?

Not that I'm surprised, all that you're showing is the small things that don't help the gameplay. Unless you can release something that we can actually play, I think that you're only showing us what you have done. Because if you were actually working on those two to three levels, we would've had a beta a long time ago.
DashFox2007 said:
Also, knux can dig now, which is unique because he can move under obstacles that you can't normally spin under, so it's easy to make a unique path in a level for his digging ability.

I'm sorry, I could've sworn you said "I'm including Shuffle's digging code." That said, it seems really original to only impliment it in a hole that you have to use Knux's signature ability to enter into.
For the record, I'm calling that you're going to say "No I'm not" and then do it anyway.

SRB2Dig anyone? "borrowing" code from the experienced is a very good way to make a mod, dashfox2007. keep up the "good" work with your "original" mod and your three levels too :]

oh where did you get the textures from? which website? i would like to use them too but not for srb2, because they dont fit very well in the palette as i can see plainly

we both know you didn't make them, hehe, so i hope you are giving whoever made them credit, instead of stealing without any thought about those who took the time to make them

person said:
SRB2Dig anyone? "borrowing" code from the experienced is a very good way to make a mod, dashfox2007. keep up the "good" work with your "original" mod and your three levels too :]

oh where did you get the textures from? which website? i would like to use them too but not for srb2, because they dont fit very well in the palette as i can see plainly

we both know you didn't make them, hehe, so i hope you are giving whoever made them credit, instead of stealing without any thought about those who took the time to make them
Read the title, it says new and original, i don't call borrowing someone else's code is very original to me

Who are you to judge so quickly? Anyway, I think no one can give any good concrete stuff to prove that this mod is good or bad until some kind of a download link is present.

Person, he isn't really using any new textures. Most of them come from either SRB2's IWAD, srb2.srb, or Doom. Go grab XWE and look for yourself.

I looked at the post date and I was like "OH MY GOd, THAT LATE!!!!" cause I didn't even have Sonic Robo Blast 2 back then cause I was playing Sonic The Hedgehog 2 genisis for the TV but it stopped working.

BlueZero4 said:
Person, he isn't really using any new textures. Most of them come from either SRB2's IWAD, srb2.srb, or Doom. Go grab XWE and look for yourself.

DashFox2007 said:
Main Features:

A really big set of realistic textures(The new grass is one of many)
Fully Animated Cutscenes - like frame by frame cartoon style
Heavy use of MD2 models - to take advantage of OpenGL
Original SoundTrack(Not all MIDI's either, some of these are actual compositions)
Custom lighting in OpenGL
Large amount of levels
Day to night feature - I'll soon be adding music changes and fog changes depending on the hour of day
Text changes - I've changed a lot of messages in the source to be easier to understand for those of you who don't speak binary (:

please pay attention

This mod is getting a TON of progress on it, DashFox! :D Keep it up! And If you want, I can help with some of the models. Is this ok?

BlueZero4 said:

See, I don't know why you're soo fixed on the idea I'm using Doom textures. What I have is a collection of free license textures that I plan to replace with my own later, with everyone credited.

BlueZero4 said:
Because if you were actually working on those two to three levels, we would've had a beta a long time ago.

Well, I haven't been working on this thing ever since the day I first started it, I stopped working on it for a while, then I started it again.

BlueZero4 said:
I'm sorry, I could've sworn you said "I'm including Shuffle's digging code." That said, it seems really original to only impliment it in a hole that you have to use Knux's signature ability to enter into.

I haven't played ShufDig.exe, please give me the link. :/

Maybe I should make note that I didn't make everything here, which doesn't make everything so original, I was going to credit everyone that I borrowed from with a release, but I should probably make note of that now. Wrongly advertised mod, probably, how about I call it the mod with a mix of different stuff with some original stuff thrown in.

Edit: All I was doing was making this mod for fun, I was planning on releasing it, and I was planning on getting critiqued on it, honestly, if it bothers you that much, then I'll just let this topic die and work on it myself for my own recreational purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back