Dash Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dash Cats is a game me and Yacker made. It's like Freedom Planet but with more Sonic-like physics. (It's also what my OLDC level Autumn Valley came from) The demo is downloadable at SAGE.

Trailer
Screenshots:
xpfddQx.png

vr9mX9B.png
Please play it and give feedback.

(Also i'm not sure if this counts in the "No advertising outside of signatures." rule as multiple people have posted their games with no problem please don't infract mods)

The running animation doesn't look pixelated enough, and the monsters look weird and not so fitting. And the character right now looks kinda.. boring. He doesn't really pop out like Lilac or Spark. And the health bar should definitely be changed. I have potential for this game though. I hope it gets better. (But don't take my ideas because I plan on making a game like this. Though I know you won't)

A little rude (and maybe stereotype)to say that. We all have our own opinions, don't go based off of something.

Personally, I believe this game has ALOT of potential. I'm going to list some picky things that I think could be improved slightly. But keep in mind, I'm not completely criticizing this game. I love this game as it is, and it's a blast to play;

-The in-game detail could be improved (characters, background details etc.)
-The game generically could run a bit faster (I'm not sure if that's just my computer, but I don't know)
-The title screen theme (change of melody, rhythm)
-Running animations could be more detailed
-(Optional, obviously, but) Include protagonist(s) on title screen
-Include more detail on enemies (attacking animations, sounds etc.)

Now obviously, I know this game is an early demo testing version, and I have to say, I'm impressed. Because it's a demo, I didn't expect it to be all the best, and by all means, it's not, but what I've seen is VERY promising, and I have high hopes for this game. Looking forward to the final release!

Personally, I believe this game has ALOT of potential. I'm going to list some picky things that I think could be improved slightly. But keep in mind, I'm not completely criticizing this game. I love this game as it is, and it's a blast to play;

-The in-game detail could be improved (characters, background details etc.)
-The game generically could run a bit faster (I'm not sure if that's just my computer, but I don't know)
-The title screen theme (change of melody, rhythm)
-Running animations could be more detailed
-(Optional, obviously, but) Include protagonist(s) on title screen
-Include more detail on enemies (attacking animations, sounds etc.)

Now obviously, I know this game is an early demo testing version, and I have to say, I'm impressed. Because it's a demo, I didn't expect it to be all the best, and by all means, it's not, but what I've seen is VERY promising, and I have high hopes for this game. Looking forward to the final release!
Now I bet you that sanicboom isn't going to say anything about this review. Some of the points here are exactly what I said.

Drop the "biased" argument, all of you. It's pointless, annoying, and has almost nothing to do with the game.

Work it out with private messages if you care that much, but do keep in mind that the flaming rules still apply there.

Personally, I felt like the combat aspect wasn't particularly satisfying. If you feel like expanding on this, I want combos as well as attacks that move the player around and knock enemies back instead of just passing through standard enemies.

Personally, I felt like the combat aspect wasn't particularly satisfying. If you feel like expanding on this, I want combos as well as attacks that move the player around and knock enemies back instead of just passing through standard enemies.

There are two ways this can work, like Dragon Ball Games where you have strong and hard punches to combo, or like smash bros, where the more damage they take the farther they fly

Really late on this but with FPS Display enabled what is the CPU speed normally at?
Also the game was made in GM which is why its slow. (And if all goes well i'll be switching to C which will be way faster)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back