Dark.lua - The Edgy Alternative

Dark.lua - The Edgy Alternative v1

Annie/Rosa

We follow our desires and chase the night~
Annie/Rosa submitted a new resource:

Dark.lua - The Edgy Alternative - Re-live the glory Linkin Park AMV Sonic X days with the dark alternative to Super!

Do you miss those good old days where Dark Sonic was all the craze? Where the concept of an angry/evil version of Sonic was a novelty? Or when you could just like Dark Sonic because it was cool?
Well do I have the solution for you~
View attachment 66287
Introducing... Dark.lua!
The answer to all your Dark transformation needs!

"But Annie, how does it work?"
Quite simply! Once you...

Read more about this resource...

i can't grab rings as dark forms (both states,as in,dark normal and dark super)
Post automatically merged:

i got 10 rings from the monitor,and tails grabbed the other 11

Attachments

• srb20006.png
    srb20006.png
    208.5 KB · Views: 562
The mod is cool but if I wanna try it I need to get the blue emerald. Which doesn't seem bad since it is the 3rd emerald but most multiplayer game modes don't even spawn the blue emerald and most SRB2 modded maps don't even have the emerald tokens needed to try and get the emeralds in the 1st place! This means that if I ever wanted to showcase the mod in a YouTube video when playing a map mod since most SRB2 map mods don't even have emerald tokens to even let you get the chaos emerald I have to basically cheat and give myself all 7 emeralds. It really shouldn't be that way. There should be a variant of the mod where the blue emerald is not needed so you can use dark chaos energy without the blue chaos emerald but the dark super form cannot be accessed.

The mod is cool but if I wanna try it I need to get the blue emerald. Which doesn't seem bad since it is the 3rd emerald but most multiplayer game modes don't even spawn the blue emerald and most SRB2 modded maps don't even have the emerald tokens needed to try and get the emeralds in the 1st place! This means that if I ever wanted to showcase the mod in a YouTube video when playing a map mod since most SRB2 map mods don't even have emerald tokens to even let you get the chaos emerald I have to basically cheat and give myself all 7 emeralds. It really shouldn't be that way. There should be a variant of the mod where the blue emerald is not needed so you can use dark chaos energy without the blue chaos emerald but the dark super form cannot be accessed.
I understand your point here, but please do keep in mind that maintaining two separate versions, should I need to/want to update it, would be a bit of a hassle. But beyond that though, I don't really see this as an issue?
I'm not trying to be snarky or anything like that, but I just don't see what the problem is. You're already in a modded map, is taking the time to access one menu (Get All Emeralds) or inputting one command (getallemeralds) really that big a deal?
I understand if you don't want to use Dark Super, but simply transforming before hitting 100% would solve that, wouldn't it?

I might see about the multiplayer thing at least, but as far as singleplayer goes, I don't see much value in doing that, sorry.

I understand your point here, but please do keep in mind that maintaining two separate versions, should I need to/want to update it, would be a bit of a hassle. But beyond that though, I don't really see this as an issue?
I'm not trying to be snarky or anything like that, but I just don't see what the problem is. You're already in a modded map, is taking the time to access one menu (Get All Emeralds) or inputting one command (getallemeralds) really that big a deal?
I understand if you don't want to use Dark Super, but simply transforming before hitting 100% would solve that, wouldn't it?

I might see about the multiplayer thing at least, but as far as singleplayer goes, I don't see much value in doing that, sorry.
I only posted that because I got annoyed at the fact that the blue emerald is required and you need to go into developer mode to even input the command "getallemeralds" in the first place. And when you cheat in SRB2 you can't unlock anything which some modded maps have unlockables.

I only posted that because I got annoyed at the fact that the blue emerald is required and you need to go into developer mode to even input the command "getallemeralds" in the first place. And when you cheat in SRB2 you can't unlock anything which some modded maps have unlockables.
Ah, see, I hadn't even considered the unlockables angle... With that in mind, I will release a version like that, as soon as I have an update for the base mod. Thank you for mentioning that, they're not really something I personally consider.

As soon as I saw this, I was like, wow, seriously, this has to be the best mod I've ever seen! 1 thought though, could you possibly change Sonic's form color to be more of a darker blue?

As soon as I saw this, I was like, wow, seriously, this has to be the best mod I've ever seen! 1 thought though, could you possibly change Sonic's form color to be more of a darker blue?
Yeah, I'll probably make some custom colors for them tbh. Besides red, the default skins just don't have enough variety in that regard. For sure including adjustments to all colors in the next update.

I literally just made an account to comment, As stated in probably the latest review, the paraloops are broken to the point they either let you make it with no harm, or it just deals damage to you

Catching the fourth emerald and on is almost impossible if you lock yourself in a paraloop, there's not enough time to catchup after it happens

I literally just made an account to comment, As stated in probably the latest review, the paraloops are broken to the point they either let you make it with no harm, or it just deals damage to you

Catching the fourth emerald and on is almost impossible if you lock yourself in a paraloop, there's not enough time to catchup after it happens
Yeah, this has been fixed already for the future release, no worries! It somehow didn't trigger for me when I was testing it for the last time before release, so I thought I'd fixed it

Appreciate it! This mod is amazing, an alternative to Super, and a fancy temporary transformation while I'm still catching the other Emeralds, while the paraloop damage is so evil, getting the Dark Form is all worth it with the wacky stuff you can do

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back