custom things not spawn

overmet15

hi, im using slade and zonebuilder, i code 1 thing for map and its working in zonebuilder(its just an flower) but when i enter the game things are not spawning, how to fix it? ill send full mod here and some screenshots.
1677144697484.png

Post automatically merged:

also im new at modding

Attachments

• map01.wad
    28.5 KB · Views: 39
  • sba.pk3
    2.3 MB · Views: 37
Had this problem earlier. Declare that the name MT_NAME is in freeslot.
Zone builder grants the bottom resource on the resource load list a freeslot automatically. Basically, if you had something wrong with your freeslot declaration you wouldn't know unless it was the lower priority.

Easy fix make sure the MT_NAME, SPR_NAME, and States are all declared. obviously since it works in zone builder the states should be fine, its that its not registering as a full custom item in its own freeslot.
you didn't declare the freeslots correctly.

I understand though, nothing on the internet explains this and it's very confusing if you don't already know or just so happen to write everything correctly first time.

PS: Someone really needs to put this info on the wiki, I don't have permissions.

Last edited:
Had this problem earlier. Declare that the name MT_NAME is in freeslot.
Zone builder grants the bottom resource on the resource load list a freeslot automatically. Basically, if you had something wrong with your freeslot declaration you wouldn't know unless it was the lower priority.

Easy fix make sure the MT_NAME, SPR_NAME, and States are all declared. obviously since it works in zone builder the states should be fine, its that its not registering as a full custom item in its own freeslot.
you didn't declare the freeslots correctly.

I understand though, nothing on the internet explains this and it's very confusing if you don't already know or just so happen to write everything correctly first time.

PS: Someone really needs to put this info on the wiki, I don't have permissions.
Okay, can you say what’s wrong?
Its full MAINCFG.txt file

#---im gonna lose my mind---#

FREESLOT
MT_TTHOUSE
MT_SPZREDFLOWER

OBJECT MT_TTHOUSE
#$Name Turtle House
#$Sprite HOUSA0
#$Category Turtle Town
MAPTHINGNUM = 1995
SPAWNSTATE = S_TTHOUSE1
SPAWNHEALTH = 1000
SEESTATE = 0
SEESOUND = 0
REACTIONTIME = 8
ATTACKSOUND = 0
PAINSTATE = 0
PAINCHANCE = 0
PAINSOUND = 0
MELEESTATE = 0
MISSILESTATE = 0
DEATHSTATE = 0
DEATHSOUND = 0
XDEATHSTATE = 0
SPEED = 0
RADIUS = 3224288
HEIGHT = 5097152
MASS = 200
DAMAGE = 0
ACTIVESOUND = 0
RAISESTATE = 0
FLAGS = MF_SOLID|MF_SCENERY

FRAME S_TTHOUSE1
SPRITENAME = SPR_HOUS
SPRITEFRAME = A
DURATION = 5
NEXT = S_NULL
ACTION None

#Dancing Red flower in SPZ!
OBJECT MT_SPZREDFLOWER
#$Name Red Flower
#$Sprite SPZPA0
#$Category Solstice Pass
MAPTHINGNUM = 1996
SPAWNSTATE = S_SPZREDFLOWER1
SPAWNHEALTH = 1000
SEESTATE = 0
SEESOUND = 0
REACTIONTIME = 8
ATTACKSOUND = 0
PAINSTATE = 0
PAINCHANCE = 0
PAINSOUND = 0
MELEESTATE = 0
MISSILESTATE = 0
DEATHSTATE = 0
DEATHSOUND = 0
XDEATHSTATE = 0
SPEED = 0
RADIUS = 524288
HEIGHT = 2097152
MASS = 100
DAMAGE = 0
ACTIVESOUND = 0
RAISESTATE = 0
FLAGS = MF_NOCLIP|MF_SCENERY

FRAME S_SPZREDFLOWER1
SPRITENAME = SPR_SPZP
SPRITEFRAME = A
DURATION = 5
NEXT = S_NULL
ACTION None

Okay, can you say what’s wrong?
Its full MAINCFG.txt file

#---im gonna lose my mind---#

FREESLOT
MT_TTHOUSE
MT_SPZREDFLOWER
Needs to be Freeslots for sprites its
MT_NAME - Name of Mobj
S_StateName
SPR_SpriteName (Has to be 4 letters obviously)
DS"SoundName" - without quotations, also has to be 4.

Note that your graphics MUST BE DoomGFX(Paletted) and converted in slade with the Sonic Robo Blast 2 LEGACY Palette.

if You clarify the name but there is no sprite available, it will use the sprite of whatever the next priority object is, which can be pretty random.
it's either going to the the "Thing Numbers (like 1995, 3337, etc)" sprite, or it's going to be the other object that did have it's sprite freeslotted and will give it to the one who did not have a sprite freeslotted (Just a Glitch).
In Zonebuilder it will give the sprite of the highest priority resource you have loaded (other wads that you load, bottom one has highest priority)

OBJECT MT_TTHOUSE
#$Name Turtle House
#$Sprite HOUSA0
#$Category Turtle Town
MAPTHINGNUM = 1995
SPAWNSTATE = S_TTHOUSE1
SPAWNHEALTH = 1000
SEESTATE = 0
SEESOUND = 0
REACTIONTIME = 8
ATTACKSOUND = 0
PS I think your "House" is too big.
You may want to keep it under 500 Frac Units, but experiment.

Also the visual size will not increase as that is based off the resolution of the graphic.

155x155 is about the character size in height and width.

PPS: Underneath the graphic display port when you click a graphic in slade is a little dropdown and you need to select sprite.

PPPS: The horizontal line of the crosshair is the ground, diagonal is center.

Needs to be Freeslots for sprites its
MT_NAME - Name of Mobj
S_StateName
SPR_SpriteName (Has to be 4 letters obviously)
DS"SoundName" - without quotations, also has to be 4.

Note that your graphics MUST BE DoomGFX(Paletted) and converted in slade with the Sonic Robo Blast 2 LEGACY Palette.

if You clarify the name but there is no sprite available, it will use the sprite of whatever the next priority object is, which can be pretty random.
it's either going to the the "Thing Numbers (like 1995, 3337, etc)" sprite, or it's going to be the other object that did have it's sprite freeslotted and will give it to the one who did not have a sprite freeslotted (Just a Glitch).
In Zonebuilder it will give the sprite of the highest priority resource you have loaded (other wads that you load, bottom one has highest priority)

PS I think your "House" is too big.
You may want to keep it under 500 Frac Units, but experiment.

Also the visual size will not increase as that is based off the resolution of the graphic.

155x155 is about the character size in height and width.

PPS: Underneath the graphic display port when you click a graphic in slade is a little dropdown and you need to select sprite.

PPPS: The horizontal line of the crosshair is the ground, diagonal is center.
Thanks, I’ll try

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back