Custom textures problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuba11

^Avatar made by VOLT!^
Hello again,

I was trying to add some cutom textures to my level and everything was going well until I tried to test my map. Just after srb2 opened, i recieved an error "Level has no linedefs" (of course it had linedefs) and I was taken to doom builder again. Strangely, I was able to work with 3d mode and I was able to see my textures. I have no idea what could be causing this error.

I appreciate your help :)

Yes, I have. I already sloved this problem by changing my map's name from pnames to map01 (I guess it changed automatically), but I have another problem. When I try to test my map I get an error "signal_handler(): segment violation".

I also have another question. If I get an error: "Could not malloc 2620706868 bytes for patchup", does that mean my texture is too big?

Do you have TEXTURE1/2 in your WAD file and that other file that I can not remember the name of? They're NEEDED in order to use them otherwise no other texture exists. Literally.

Yes, I have. Isn't the second file you can't remember called PNAMES? (I have it too).

Try doing a WAD cleanup. Sometimes I get inexplicable errors when importing custom textures, and just as inexplicably a WAD cleanup makes them go away. If you're lucky, it'll also decrease your filesize as an added bonus.

To me, it sounds like the most likely cause of your problem is the textures being in the wrong format. Make sure it's not still in PNG, JPEG, BMP etc. and you have it converted to Doom GFX/Doom Graphics Format before inserting it into PNAMES and TEXTUREx.

Strangely enough, me using a TEXTURE2/PNAMES to put custom textures in gives me SIGSEGVs as well =P

To me, it sounds like the most likely cause of your problem is the textures being in the wrong format. Make sure it's not still in PNG, JPEG, BMP etc. and you have it converted to Doom GFX/Doom Graphics Format before inserting it into PNAMES and TEXTUREx.

Wait, so I am supposed to change it's format? I'll look for the tutorial when I'm back at home.

I managed to change texture's format using srb2 wiki's tutorial, but I still get this error. I will try to add and convert them again, maybe I made a mistake.

Well, I wasn't posting for a while but I discovered something. I am not able to test my map in db but if i add it normally (using console for example) to srb2 it works! The problem lies somewhere in db. My pc crashed and I am using my second pc, and I still have the same problem, so I guess It's a missing file (or something like this). Got any ideas what could be causing this? Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back