Custom slingitem won't work underwater

Status
Not open for further replies.

flashrogers

I have been looking for a good and easy way to make a custom projectile for my character (What I wanted was a lightning bolt). I tried using the old Nitemare's projectile (the one that had double jump and lightdash and can be found on the main site) with edited sprites. This makeshift lightning bolt projectile does not work underwater. Is there a way that I could fix this so that it does work underwater?

Either missiles don't work underwater, or the lightning Thing has the Fire flag. Check if it does have that flag, and remove it. That seems like the only logical reason for the missile to not work underwater.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
Either missiles don't work underwater, or the lightning Thing has the Fire flag. Check if it does have that flag, and remove it. That seems like the only logical reason for the missile to not work underwater.

I'm positive that other projectiles work underwater. As for the flag, the soc item is in the wadfile in the MAINCFG. Where is the flag in the text and how do I change it so that it isn't affected by water?

I'm guessing you really did just copy and pasted the SOC code from Nitemare, and therefore, have no idea what any of it says.

To make things easier, just open the MAINCFG file, and find Thing 372. That is the lightning Thing that you are using. Go all the way down to FLAGS, and replace the number there with 66064.

Try tinkering with SOC Editor. Eventually, you will find the answer yourself. But either way, I was right. Nitemare shoots fire missiles, so the Fire flag was on. At least your lightning will work underwater now.

But the thing number for the weapon is 151, does that change the number that you gave me or is it still the same? Either way I'll try it out. Thanks!

EDIT: I just tried it and it works perfectly! Thanks a million Chaos Zero 64!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back