Custom Emblem not showing?

saarj

User title? What's that?
Heya folks! I was working on a level in good ol’ Zone Builder and I wanted to add an Emblem to the level. So I put the Emblem Thing in the level and followed what the wiki said to do to customize it, but when I go to test the level, it just refuses to show up. Am I doing something wrong?

Emblems do not spawn when the game is marked as modified.

You can either add custom gamedata to your level, use this addon or use a different object instead of the emblem for the time being.

Welcome to the SRB2 message board!

Ok, well since you said something about adding custom GameData to the level, I'm gonna post the SOC scripts I have from the MainCFG.

-------------------------------------
MainCfg
GameData = lvls.dat

Clear All

*insert level 1 scripts here*

Level 2
LevelName = Green Grove
Act = 1
Music = GFZ1
TypeOfLevel = Singleplayer
NextLevel = 3
SkyNum = 1
RecordAttack = true
LevelSelect = 2
SaveGame = true
SkyboxScale = 64
FlickyList = BlueBird

Emblem 1
Type = Global
Tag = 2
MapNum = 2
Sprite = U
Color = SKINCOLOR_BLUE
-------------------------------------

I just typed in what I wanted the GameData file to be named. Also, what do you mean by the game being marked as modified? Hope this helps.

Last edited:
The SOC looks right to me.

By modified, I mean:
The game has a "Is the game modified?" variable and it has three different states:
  • Not modified, the default for the vanilla game,
  • Modified, which is set when you load any mod with an important component like maps, sprites and such - this prevents saving the game, unlockables from unlocking, emblems from appearing and so on, and lastly
  • Modified but with a custom save, which is essentially "not modified" but indicating the game that this is not the vanilla game.

Loading a map mod marks the game as modified, locking everything and preventing saves. Giving the level a custom gamedata allows these things to work as they normally would.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back