Custom campaigns

spearmint

Hi! I'm wanting to string together multiple disconnected level mods and/or distribute them throughout the vanilla campaign. I've seen some servers do this, and was wondering how it worked, and how I could "hijack" the level load order? I don't really know how to script or write lua code (though I have messed around and opened up a few mods to try to figure out how they work).

As far as i know you dont need lua, you will need to use SOC to order them up and to other stuff. but it will be kinda hard to put a lot of levels. Also if the levels have custom sprites, luas, you will need to put them in their folders (lua, sprites, graphics and etc.)

Each level has a NextLevel field in its header. Simply copy the headers you want to change into your pk3 and change them to go to the new maps.

The vanilla game's level headers can be found in the SOC_HEAD file in zones.pk3. Open this file in SLADE to see them, but do NOT edit zones.pk3 itself. Instead, copy it to a new WAD file and change the parts you want to.

More information can be found here: https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Level_header

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back