*Cue Mario Party Voice* NEHW REHCORD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuffle

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
Today I ran a spyware scan for the first time in a month and a virus scan for the first in SIX months.
I got a new record of 75 spyware objects and 19 virusey objects!

There's a point to this.. sorta.. What's your highest record for Spyware/Viruses?

Personally, just over 100, but I've done scans on friends and school computers, giving 400 and 500 respectively.

I think I had over 1000 virus objects the first time I scanned, which was about 5 months after getting the computer.

It's the one I'm posting with right now. It's also the same one I use to host netgames, and just about everything else I do.

I took Walan's advice a while back and downloaded AVG Anti-Virus and Spybot Search and Destroy to take care of my virus and spyware problems, repectively. They work very well and are updated frequently. In fact, AVG took care of this virus that was causing some bizzare error in my system.

Personally, 80-something spyware, but hardly ANY viruses. I guess I'm just careful enough, or McAfee isn't doing what we bought it for.

It pales in comparison to Strong Bad's 423,827 viruses, though. Simply put, virus = very yes.

the other day I got the new Microsoft Anti Spyware beta. no wonder the thing's beta, it deleted a crucial part of windows and caused the internet to screw up. this in turn forced me to do a system restore. (thankfully it let me choose to keep the files I already have on my computer, and didn't do an all out reformat. yay.)
but anyways, the program picked up 1527 infected registry keys, and 124 infected files. I'm still not sure how all of it got on my PC.

I got 1 spyware and 0 viruses when I checked the last time. It`s a bit weird, so few viruses and spyware. Though I have Kaspesrky, Ad-Aware SE, Spybot S&D and Spyware Blaster.

I have Norton Internet security, which stops all spyware coming in, or "Trojan Horses". Also, one time i downloaded from my uncle's and put in on a cd. Then a couple of months ago, i did a virus scan on that cd, and actually found one in a README file from a fangame from the SFGHQ...

Huh???
Aren't README files text?

Or, was it one of those naaasty "Online Help" .hlp files? Those can contain macros and evil evil things that I'd rather not think about...

Shuffle said:
Today I ran a spyware scan for the first time in a month and a virus scan for the first in SIX months.

There's a point to this.. sorta.. What's your highest record for Spyware/Viruses?

*laughs hysterically*

75?!?!?! wow you are LUCKY to only have that many. after i did a first scan in like 2 months, i had a whopping 2700 SPYWARE THREATS!!!! either im a major spyware target or something is very wrong...

I don't get many virus threatements but one day, a vireus destroyed my windows archives.
Anyway To my luck,(or not) I've got CleanSlate!!
That program saves me from a lot of problems but erases things and doesn't let me install anything like messengers, and every time I turn on the computer, I must install AGAIN any game I want to install.
Sorry, Play, not install,play.

Spazzo said:
Shuffle said:

*laughs hysterically*

75?!?!?! wow you are LUCKY to only have that many. after i did a first scan in like 2 months, i had a whopping 2700 SPYWARE THREATS!!!! either im a major spyware target or something is very wrong...
Nonono, you must have detected 2,700 spyware TRACES. There's a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back