Cubic Castles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogofenn

Pogo
3D Platforming Meets Open World Voxel Building!
Cubic Castles is an online game where you build worlds from cubes and other items. What kind of worlds? Anything you want! Role playing, 3D-platform gaming, or other challenges! What you make is up to you. Want to make a punishing parkour with slippery ice and deadly spikes? No problem! Or maybe a simple house on a hill overlooking a lake? That's easy too! Even after only a few days the open beta saw players create many fantastic and varied worlds!

There are so many realms to explore already.

Remember that game? Minecraft, the horribly pixelated, animation lacking, overrated game Minecraft? yeah, me neither.
(By animation lacking, I mean Minecraft only has one animation, which is walking.)

Edit: Adding pictures
ss_59a77ba0643baae33805fdfa9cc4eea428d9b3a7.1920x1080.jpg

ss_d12e898d176f5ecc5f7c6ede56ca94c690b1ed3f.1920x1080.jpg

ss_342767f9799c59456333edf4e80b11e2d4e8f0c7.1920x1080.jpg

ss_18ae331643db8d1aae2504497bc144ee8fd67c0c.1920x1080.jpg

Edit again: I changed some stuff, now stop pointing out my mistakes.

Last edited:
Cubic Castles has very mixed reviews (even when ignoring all the negative reviews because of bugs or connection issues).

There are so many realms to explore already, if anything, it's getting more popular than Minecraft.
Yeah, that's why it has zero reviews on metacritic, and only just over a thousand users online.

Remember that game? Minecraft, the horribly pixelated, animation lacking, overrated game Minecraft? yeah, me neither.
There are texture packs available for Minecraft that get rid of the "horrible" pixelated look. I'm not sure what you mean by "animation lacking". I may be really upset with the current state of Minecraft, but it is still one of the best games I've ever played.

Minceraft may have a more pixel-art style than most games, but at least it's style is unified and actually works in the world it's given - and in fact, makes the "voxel" style of Minceraft that much better because of it. I've seen countless texture packs for Minceraft which are horribly tiley, have clashing styles or have textures which make the blocks only usable in certain situations (logs are especially bad for this).. and I'm seeing the same issues in those screenshots (especially the wood in that second screenshot, OUCH)

Yeah, that's why it has zero reviews on metacritic, and only just over a thousand users online.
Also, wait - only a thousand users online on the game? I've seen almost 10x that on a single server in Minceraft. And there are countless servers, for pretty much every occasion.

If anything, this game looks like someone took 8BitMMO* and made it 3D, and decided to give it clashing cartoon styles. Yeah, I'll pass.

(*not a fan of this game either, but a comparison is a comparison)

A bit of a stretch to say this game is much better than the "overrated", "animation lacking" and "horribly pixelated" Minecraft. That's like if I said Wormholes:
safe_image.php

is better than Portal 2:
i16tzs2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back