• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

CSSN Sonic WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you may not know better, I feel it's harmless to bring this up.
Generally, when people create new threads in the WIP projects section of the forums to mention they're creating a mod or some such, they need something: Proof that they are indeed creating something.

Making a post that just says you're making something-- or that says even less than that-- is generally looked down upon, because there's a big chance said projects just won't ever see the light of day, be it from lack of motivation, coding skills, or spriting/drawing skills.

This is mainly a friendly reminder, since at the top of my head I can't recall if this is mentioned in the rules of the forum or not, but if you don't have the proof of concept then this thread will be locked as it doesn't have enough value to keep it open, since anyone could... Well, clutter the Works in Progress section with supposed projects they're working on only to have nothing come out of it soon after.

EDIT: I'd say give it some time to fully confirm if you're actually going to make something. Once you've decided, work on it until you have something to show, and have enough motivation to keep working on it. It's not easy! You should have in mind that creating stuff like this generally takes a lot of time. The more detailed, high-quality and original it is (IE, created from scratch rather than reusing content from other sections of the forum, like Reusable content), the more it'll take.

C.png

Since you may not know better, I feel it's harmless to bring this up.
Generally, when people create new threads in the WIP projects section of the forums to mention they're creating a mod or some such, they need something: Proof that they are indeed creating something.

Making a post that just says you're making something-- or that says even less than that-- is generally looked down upon, because there's a big chance said projects just won't ever see the light of day, be it from lack of motivation, coding skills, or spriting/drawing skills.

This is mainly a friendly reminder, since at the top of my head I can't recall if this is mentioned in the rules of the forum or not, but if you don't have the proof of concept then this thread will be locked as it doesn't have enough value to keep it open, since anyone could... Well, clutter the Works in Progress section with supposed projects they're working on only to have nothing come out of it soon after.

EDIT: I'd say give it some time to fully confirm if you're actually going to make something. Once you've decided, work on it until you have something to show, and have enough motivation to keep working on it. It's not easy! You should have in mind that creating stuff like this generally takes a lot of time. The more detailed, high-quality and original it is (IE, created from scratch rather than reusing content from other sections of the forum, like Reusable content), the more it'll take.
I 100% agree with this statement.

Alright, so this topic doesn't really meet the bare minimum we need to show off something. Because there actually needs to be stuff to... show off.

This is getting locked, but if you want to make a WIP topic, your work needs to have something presentable. More than just one sprite or something, or a GIF of scripts you didn't make. Give us a reason to check your mod out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back