Crevice canyon zone

Crevice canyon zone 1.1

L3M44n submitted a new resource:

Crevice canyon zone - my take on a arid canyon styled level

Read more about this resource...
Extremely awesome map!
Your understanding of SRB2 scale, gameplay flow, and the Arid Canyon textureset is nearly flawless. The gameplay is more action-packed and intense than even the zone it's based off of.

I would suggest adding "SpStage_Start = AQ" in the line below "MainCfg" in your MAINCFG, this will make the map load on a no save game.

Also, check to make sure all your death pits are marked as death pits, I ran into a few that didn't kill me ;)

Gameplay wise I would add more memorable setpieces. While the flow of the map is great, and the visuals are great as well, there aren't any of the grand setpieces that make Arid Canyon so memorable, like big visual setpieces, or a gauntlet before the ending that makes it feel like a grand accomplishment.

Arid Canyon Act 1, TNT that explodes and drops a massive piece of rock into your way, but exposes a new path
1686780205548.png

Arid Canyon Act 1, Bumpy Road adjacent to a massive drop off into the abyss
1686780177100.png

Arid Canyon Act 1, Massive overhang you slide under on a rope. (cool climactic setpiece before exit)

1686780103969.png

Arid Canyon Act 2, Rising up a massive cliffside of whirlwinds.
1686780311534.png

Arid Canyon Act 2, This Cool Ass Big Ass Archway
1686780398133.png

Arid Canyon Act 2, platforming on precarious wooden platforms under this beautiful overhang
1686780511740.png

Arid Canyon Act 2, massive open canyon area where you make a leap of faith from rails to the exit, with a train moving in the distance (Climactic Setpiece Before Exit)
1686780583866.png

4/5 Stars, absolutely fantastic work!

what a level! while playing I felt like I was playing a leaked-indev-acz-level 2.2. the gameplay is very enjoyable for different characters and you really know how to surprise the player. At some points this level reminded me of Wile E. West from Taz: Wanted.

definitely one of the best 2.2 levels I've played

some disadvantages:
  • there's nothing memorable. I mean, some kind of structure(-s), landmark(-s) or setpiece(-s). It's just good gameplay in the ACZ setting.
  • textures had incorrect offsets in many places
  • I think there are too many cactuses here

what a level! while playing I felt like I was playing a leaked-indev-acz-level 2.2. the gameplay is very enjoyable for different characters and you really know how to surprise the player. At some points this level reminded me of Wile E. West from Taz: Wanted.

definitely one of the best 2.2 levels I've played

some disadvantages:
  • there's nothing memorable. I mean, some kind of structure(-s), landmark(-s) or setpiece(-s). It's just good gameplay in the ACZ setting.
  • textures had incorrect offsets in many places
  • I think there are too many cactuses here
fair i mean this map is pretty old and i dont like it anymore ive tried remaking it a couple times but motivation died quickly

pretty old? this level came out half a year ago! dude, you don't know what old levels are!
to me its old and kinda garbage compared to how i do nowdays
even if you don't do anything with this level, just know that you got good experience/feedback for your future levels (which I hope we will see of course, right?)
and yes definetly im cooking up something rn :p

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back