Creating new enemies with socs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lolzipop

How exactly is this done? There's a short tutorial on STARS, but it is very incomplete. I think I already understand everything, though, except how to get the new enemy into the game. Can someone explain this for me?

An important thing about putting an enemy into the game: MAPTHINGNUM tells SRB2 what thing number it is to spawn your enemy. You insert said thing under that number in a map editor. (i.e. Doom Builder, WadAuthor)

There are no tutorials, but it's based on dehacked. Just fool around and look at other enemy SOCs, you'll figure it out eventually.

So where exactly do I put the enemy sprites? Do I put them in the same wad as the map that I want the level the enemy appears in to be? Or somewhere else?

There's no tutorial... this is confusing and a complete tutorial WOULD be nice.

So I can add a separate wad instead of adding them to the current wad?

Alright, thanks. I'll try that.

edit: Trying this, but the enemy doesn't show up. It's a boss; does that change anything? In DoomBuilder, it shows up as a grey circle with a question mark in it.

Draykon said:
It dosen't really matter, as long as the sprites exist as F001(or F002, F003, whatever) somewhere in a WAD, it'll work.

Sprites need to be S_START and S_END markers (Or SS_START or SS_END markers) the last time I checked.

He means before the A2A8, etc. stuff. Like F001A1 or something, because F0xx are the only free sprites Soc Edit supports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back